• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

Finally got a chance to do some fishing,chose carping,got down to the big lake about 2pm today and this is the only fish so far after only 3 hours , very pleased 22lbs .
Had loads of pulls and half bites from eels doing my head in lol 😆 20231012_174346_exported_40862.jpg20231012_174346_exported_20398.jpg

Quite rough now lots of rain overnight, still shorts and t shirt though and mozzies everywhere ,last warm day apparently. No more fish yet , going to stay tonight aswell . Nice easy spot this one car right behind.

Out on a lake in medway...25 acres , deep and low stock, not expecting to catch tbh , nice to camp up though get to use my cold winter gear which is usually folded up in wardrobes most of the time 😀

Out on a lake in medway...25 acres , deep and low stock, not expecting to catch tbh , nice to camp up though get to use my cold winter gear which is usually folded up in wardrobes most of the time 😀
Well done done getting out in this weather (y) your obviously as mad as my middle son (y)

Band on conditions next week. Shame im a car down preventing me from going out. 😡 hoping to get a van today to replace the one that was written off 😫

Got the rods out last night at an old estate lake I last fished over 20yrs ago. IMG_8846.jpegThe weather was cold and foggy but the rain held off. I got the rods out just on dark after seeing a fish show a rod length off the far bank. IMG_8838.jpegIMG_8845.jpegThe action was steady all through the night, which was a bit of a surprise, i was expecting one or two runs, but ended up with 15 takes, resulting in 11 carp, one loss, (my own fault) a 2lb very welcome roach and a large roach bream hybrid. Of the 11 carp, I’d put the biggest at 11-12lb, the rest were high singles, but it was a cracking December session. All fish came to stringers fished either to the far margin or in the near margins. Helicopter rigs to size 6 barbless slip d hooklinks with 3oz leads. Bait was premier superaminos with shellfish sense appeals. The winter specials pop ups didn’t register a take. IMG_8834.jpegIMG_8830.jpegIMG_8829.jpegThey all are very pale, the biggest one being a ghostie. IMG_8850.jpegI then nearly ran over a chicken on the way home… so close to sorting Sunday lunch!

You will be unwelcome there as well then mate... 🤣

Nice hall though..🎣

Ian.

I thought I'd have a go on a 10 acre lake I have access to despite this being a tough lake , no fish caught since early October by all accounts including land owner. apart from 1 a few days ago so was optimistic.
Decided to just use little bits and pieces ,groundbait hemp etc as no bream and very few other silver fish so can get away with it . Cast out at 3pm yesterday, had a nice few whiskeys and cooked a curry ...Nice sleep and at 730am my left rod went and a lovely 25lbs mirror come out in winter colours. 😀 very gentlemanly compared to that sea fishing stuff @Beach you love carp 🤣

Screenshot_20231217-180002_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231217-175944_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I'd have a go on a 10 acre lake I have access to despite this being a tough lake , no fish caught since early October by all accounts including land owner. apart from 1 a few days ago so was optimistic.
Decided to just use little bits and pieces ,groundbait hemp etc as no bream and very few other silver fish so can get away with it . Cast out at 3pm yesterday, had a nice few whiskeys and cooked a curry ...Nice sleep and at 730am my left rod went and a lovely 25lbs mirror come out in winter colours. 😀 very gentlemanly compared to that sea fishing stuff @Beach you love carp 🤣

View attachment 55887
Lovely stuff

Got the rods out last night at an old estate lake I last fished over 20yrs ago. View attachment 55728The weather was cold and foggy but the rain held off. I got the rods out just on dark after seeing a fish show a rod length off the far bank. View attachment 55729View attachment 55730The action was steady all through the night, which was a bit of a surprise, i was expecting one or two runs, but ended up with 15 takes, resulting in 11 carp, one loss, (my own fault) a 2lb very welcome roach and a large roach bream hybrid. Of the 11 carp, I’d put the biggest at 11-12lb, the rest were high singles, but it was a cracking December session. All fish came to stringers fished either to the far margin or in the near margins. Helicopter rigs to size 6 barbless slip d hooklinks with 3oz leads. Bait was premier superaminos with shellfish sense appeals. The winter specials pop ups didn’t register a take. View attachment 55731View attachment 55732View attachment 55733They all are very pale, the biggest one being a ghostie. View attachment 55734I then nearly ran over a chicken on the way home… so close to sorting Sunday lunch!
Liver boilies were my go to winter bait.

View attachment 55887View attachment 55889
Great fishing well done (y)

Got the rods out last night at an old estate lake I last fished over 20yrs ago. View attachment 55728The weather was cold and foggy but the rain held off. I got the rods out just on dark after seeing a fish show a rod length off the far bank. View attachment 55729View attachment 55730The action was steady all through the night, which was a bit of a surprise, i was expecting one or two runs, but ended up with 15 takes, resulting in 11 carp, one loss, (my own fault) a 2lb very welcome roach and a large roach bream hybrid. Of the 11 carp, I’d put the biggest at 11-12lb, the rest were high singles, but it was a cracking December session. All fish came to stringers fished either to the far margin or in the near margins. Helicopter rigs to size 6 barbless slip d hooklinks with 3oz leads. Bait was premier superaminos with shellfish sense appeals. The winter specials pop ups didn’t register a take. View attachment 55731View attachment 55732View attachment 55733They all are very pale, the biggest one being a ghostie. View attachment 55734I then nearly ran over a chicken on the way home… so close to sorting Sunday lunch!
Well done, nice busy session (y)

Back