• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

So the boys quest for a catfish continued last night with a trip to a local lake that had a good head of carp and catfish, as the sun went down, the lake came alive, my son set up in catfish corner and I set up next swim up casting to an island. I was first off the mark with a pesky bait stealing moggy View attachment 50074that pleased the boy…

He then managed a 19lb commonView attachment 50075he then got the take he was after, and a 20min scrap saw him fighting a large catfish, he finally had it beaten and was drawing it triumphantly towards the outstretched net… when the hook pulled! He was absolutely gutted, I could have cried for him. I then returned to my rods to see that I had a run, but my alarm hadn’t sounded, the line had dropped down the side of the roller and it hadn’t sounded! It was a catfish, but it snagged me and came off.

The boy had another common at dawn, which signalled the end of the action View attachment 50076
Great fishing, well done both of you, shame your son lost his target species but at least he knows hes doing the right thing, I'm sure he will bag one soon 👍

Went back down to the long walk quiet lake from previous couple of reports , severe weed growth making presentation difficult/ hopeless with a covering all over the bottom and trust me I tried to find some clear areas... found a bit with less weed than others and tried a chod on one and a pva bag on the other. Only room for 2 rods was a proper covering!

Anyway done the night on the spots didn't see any signs or activiy there or anywhere else within my view.
Walked around for a couple.of hours and saw a few carp in the heavy surface weed hiding away. Was due to do another night but felt a bit pointless so after trying to find some to maybe surface fish to and not seeing a chance I called it a day .

Lovely place to be anyway .

This is the where i had a go...least weedy spot believe it or not lol.

20230721_192725.jpg

Nice one, must be the time for it ...iv had a few today to 37lbs , will post pics tomo don't want to seem like I'm putting them up to swamp you haha 🤣 just happened a few hours ago.
Lake looks lovely and strangely similar background to my blank report above lol

Nicely done jr
Cheers mate

33lb..?
Or bigger..?👍
Bigger mate 😬

Nice one, must be the time for it ...iv had a few today to 37lbs , will post pics tomo don't want to seem like I'm putting them up to swamp you haha 🤣 just happened a few hours ago.
Lake looks lovely and strangely similar background to my blank report above lol

Get them on mate. Be good to see them. 👍🏻

Not a 40 but a mid 30. 👍🏻 i dont like saying weights as alot of people (not on here…) always start gobbing off saying its not the “given” weight etc. I let the marshall weigh all of my fish during the event for that reason. So i know its the true weight.

Had a 2 nighter last Monday and Tuesday on the 80 acre . Also a catfish sesh Saturday night which I'll put on the catfish topic lol.
Red hot when I turned up probably about 30 degrees plus in the suntrap, being deep though down to about 60foot you can get bites on the hottest of days still . Had a little common and a tench the first evening and lots of pulls and plucks off whatever species it was. There is mullet and bass in here. Saw mullet this trip in a group of 5 and possible more below came charging through the swim on the surface a few times . Which is unusual for there although iv caught 1 before plus others have here so know there in here .

Anyway next morning slow and kicked off when the wind started pushing up my end had a few including a big, for me , 37 mirror and 25lbs etc 22 fully scaled as well.
Great sesh , peace and quiet for 48 hours , locked in here no access, and some fish 😁

Screenshot_20230911-124811_Gallery.jpg20230911_153014.jpg20230911_155930.jpg

20230913_191620.jpg20230911_175658.jpg20230912_185842.jpg

Thanks ,
I forgot to add I think that's an Egyptian goose on the right with a greylag to the left if anyone knows. Not a great photo was into the sunset

Back