• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

Been baiting up a spot on a 4 mile long dyke that doesn't get fished due to access. About to go again in a sec and put pellet and boilie out.
Caught a carp here before and a few tench... plus I put 7 small carp in myself out of a pond when we moved as a teenager . Around 16 years ago.

Seen a couple carp . Night time attack dusk till dawn when I fish it . You are allowed here but as it has no attention at the moment I don't want to be seen and attract anyone else to fish.

Well well well, fished the dyke/drain , only person that's been there by the looks of it for a while . There's some real old nice fish along the 3.75 /4 mile dyke but not many of them from observation. Most is not accessible though which keeps it wild and nice imo.

I wasn't expecting much as from fishing it a fair bit over the years I'd only had the odd tench and 1 carp, had never done a full night and covered what I guessed would be the best hours for a bite , 10pm into early morning though.

Baiting most evenings when it was possible, just 2 handfuls into the same spot everytime.
Slipped on for 2 separate overnighters last week and had 3 carp and 2 tench...
A great result to me personally anyway, and I'm not going to hammer it and get noticed and people possibly ruin it ... on the back burner for a few weeks .
The common was so lean proper wild looking one .
A mirror around 12 and the one in the picture there on the grass probably 18 to 22lbs possibly didn't bring scales.
A couple of pics, sorry dont want to use more detailed ones is a special place , and although I know you lot wouldn't care where it is ...some saddo could eventually once its online it's online hahaha 😆

Screenshot_20230601-000600_Gallery.jpg20230603_021716.jpg
20230601_065659.jpg

Well well well, fished the dyke/drain , only person that's been there by the looks of it for a while . There's some real old nice fish along the 3.75 /4 mile dyke but not many of them from observation. Most is not accessible though which keeps it wild and nice imo.

I wasn't expecting much as from fishing it a fair bit over the years I'd only had the odd tench and 1 carp, had never done a full night and covered what I guessed would be the best hours for a bite , 10pm into early morning though.

Baiting most evenings when it was possible, just 2 handfuls into the same spot everytime.
A great result to me personally anyway, and I'm not going to hammer it and get noticed and people possibly ruin it ... on the back burner for a few weeks .
A mirror around 12 and the one in the picture there on the grass probably 18 to 22lbs possibly didn't bring scales.
A couple of pics, sorry dont want to use more detailed ones is a special place , and although I know you lot wouldn't care where it is ...some saddo could eventually once its online it's online hahaha 😆

View attachment 46645View attachment 46646
View attachment 46647
Great report, well done, looks nice spot (y)

View attachment 46645View attachment 46646
View attachment 46647
I wouldn’t mind knowing where it is! Lol! Keep it under your hat mate, I’ve just started searching a local drain of mine that’s done a few carp. Fingers crossed! Well done mate

I wouldn’t mind knowing where it is! Lol! Keep it under your hat mate, I’ve just started searching a local drain of mine that’s done a few carp. Fingers crossed! Well done mate

Sounds good mate let us know how you get on . I don't think this one contains any real monsters from what iv seen , small commons , so was very surprised with that mirror...but by all accounts similar venues around Kent and Sussex contain some real lumps so hope you land on one of them dude 😀

I'm back down the big lake as can't walk a wheelbarrow with all my gear to other lakes at the moment. 'Lucky' in a way as iv had a few to 29lb , which was a fully scaled mirror probably around 30 35 years old .
Plus this afternoon sunlight and 22 or so degrees out comes a 7lbs 6oz eel ! Turns out it was a club record so walked down the bank to the nearest people 150 yards or so away to get a witness.
Thing was like a conger.

20230712_142742.jpg20230712_142658.jpg
20230712_115953.jpg20230711_125717.jpg20230710_190152_exported_49348.jpg20230711_125454_exported_38965.jpg20230711_125454_exported_17968.jpg
20230712_142732.jpg

I'm back down the big lake as can't walk a wheelbarrow with all my gear to other lakes at the moment. 'Lucky' in a way as iv had a few to 29lb , which was a fully scaled mirror probably around 30 35 years old .
Plus this afternoon sunlight and 22 or so degrees out comes a 7lbs 6oz eel ! Turns out it was a club record so walked down the bank to the nearest people 150 yards or so away to get a witness.
Thing was like a conger.

View attachment 47991View attachment 47992
View attachment 47993View attachment 47995View attachment 47996View attachment 48004View attachment 48003
View attachment 48005
Result haddy 🥳🥳🥳

Nice write up & photos Had1! Wow, that's some Eel for fresh water!

Thing was like a conger.

View attachment 47991View attachment 47992
View attachment 47993View attachment 47995View attachment 47996View attachment 48004View attachment 48003
View attachment 48005
Now that's a proper fully scaled, nice fish and a clonking eel. Nice one

Back