• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

New rigs tied, batteries replaced in the alarms, new 18lb ESP carp line on the reels… getting excited now!
Why, better to fish off the beach & blank :ROFLMAO:

Back from my overnighter, I had 5 runs, first was lost to a cut off on a snag, then 3 smallish commons caught under the rod tips, then when packing up, I lost another to a hook pull, another small common that I tried bullying to the net as I was running late to take my daughter swimming. Had rain most of the night, hardly any sleep, but it was great to be out under the brolly again. No pics of the carp, far too wet to get the self take set up for a few scraper double commons, but a great little trip out 02DC0ACE-7871-4711-A1B3-AAA8347D98CC.jpeg

Back from my overnighter, I had 5 runs, first was lost to a cut off on a snag, then 3 smallish commons caught under the rod tips, then when packing up, I lost another to a hook pull, another small common that I tried bullying to the net as I was running late to take my daughter swimming. Had rain most of the night, hardly any sleep, but it was great to be out under the brolly again. No pics of the carp, far too wet to get the self take set up for a few scraper double commons, but a great little trip out View attachment 48151
Back in the game 👍👍

I'm back down the big lake as can't walk a wheelbarrow with all my gear to other lakes at the moment. 'Lucky' in a way as iv had a few to 29lb , which was a fully scaled mirror probably around 30 35 years old .
Plus this afternoon sunlight and 22 or so degrees out comes a 7lbs 6oz eel ! Turns out it was a club record so walked down the bank to the nearest people 150 yards or so away to get a witness.
Thing was like a conger.

View attachment 47991View attachment 47992
View attachment 47993View attachment 47995View attachment 47996View attachment 48004View attachment 48003
View attachment 48005
Great fishing well done, some real tidy fish caught, that eel is something else (y)

Back from my overnighter, I had 5 runs, first was lost to a cut off on a snag, then 3 smallish commons caught under the rod tips, then when packing up, I lost another to a hook pull, another small common that I tried bullying to the net as I was running late to take my daughter swimming. Had rain most of the night, hardly any sleep, but it was great to be out under the brolly again. No pics of the carp, far too wet to get the self take set up for a few scraper double commons, but a great little trip out View attachment 48151
Sounds like a nice session, well done (y)

Traditional close season on these lakes as in an sssi area.
First trip of the year for me up there.
Went on the 9 acre.

Involves almost a mile walk with a wheelbarrow so was only me and a mate on there most of the 3 nights we have just done. 1 other person fished for a day and that was it . So peaceful , isolated and plenty of nature acting normally away from people. Beavers 🦫 seen every few hours even during the day .

Very weedy lake and known for being quite a tough one to catch anything on which is another reason it gets left alone

Right result I had 3 carp to 27lbs plus about 10 bream and 4 tench and an eel .

Friend had 5 to 25lbs aswell.
He doesn't like being online so just a couple shots of mine and the lake.

Really enjoyed the trip. Apart from getting blocked in on the push back by a tree that had fallen in the winds last night. Luckily it was soft and dead, managed by hand to clear a path .20230720_205447.jpg20230721_150228(0).jpg20230721_173307.jpg20230721_192725.jpg20230726_083511.jpg20230727_082245.jpg20230727_110830.jpg20230723_192145.jpg

Went on the 9 acre.

Involves almost a mile walk with a wheelbarrow so was only me and a mate on there most of the 3 nights we have just done. 1 other person fished for a day and that was it . So peaceful , isolated and plenty of nature acting normally away from people. Beavers 🦫 seen every few hours even during the day .

Very weedy lake and known for being quite a tough one to catch anything on which is another reason it gets left alone

Really enjoyed the trip. Apart from getting blocked in on the push back by a tree that had fallen in the winds last night. Luckily it was soft and dead, managed by hand to clear a path .View attachment 48772View attachment 48773View attachment 48774View attachment 48775View attachment 48776View attachment 48777View attachment 48778View attachment 48779
Cracking as usual

Went on the 9 acre.

Really enjoyed the trip. Apart from getting blocked in on the push back by a tree that had fallen in the winds last night. Luckily it was soft and dead, managed by hand to clear a path .View attachment 48772View attachment 48773View attachment 48774View attachment 48775View attachment 48776View attachment 48777View attachment 48778View attachment 48779
Nice job..👍
Some of those fish are really old and wild.. their heads are really big..👍

The boy and I went after his first catfish, we both lost one to hook pulls, they were just playing with the baits, lots of dropped runs and funny liner type bites that failed to connect, but we managed a carp each to save the day
Nice one is that Hawkhurst? Went to the cafe there once not fished it.
I'm booked on to charlies lake Ashford mid September to go for them . Meant to be quite nice there.

Nice one is that Hawkhurst? Went to the cafe there once not fished it.
I'm booked on to charlies lake Ashford mid September to go for them . Meant to be quite nice there.
That’s right mate, we were on quarry lake, I looked at Charlie’s lake but you need to be 18 to fish the main lake, I don’t know if the other one holds cats. The main lake at hawkhurst looked lovely, might have to do a night on there next month for a change

Back on the same lake as last report above. Arrived yesterday evening to find only 1 person here, went in the same swim as last time . Had two tench of about 4 and 6lbs ,plus a bream and an eel last night. Then had a nice 18lbs mirror this morning at about 11. Still here now no other bites yet.
Had rain and cold winds then hot sunshine ...strange weather.
20230803_172003.jpg
Screenshot_20230804-201334_Photos.jpg

Back on the same lake as last report above. Arrived yesterday evening to find only 1 person here, went in the same swim as last time . Had two tench of about 4 and 6lbs ,plus a bream and an eel last night. Then had a nice 18lbs mirror this morning at about 11. Still here now no other bites yet.
Had rain and cold winds then hot sunshine ...strange weather.
View attachment 49245
View attachment 49246
Nice looking fish well done 🎣👍

Took the boy out for a day trip today, blazing hot sunshine, great for sunbathing, not so great for fishing! IMG_8090.jpegThe boy was first off the mark with a low double IMG_8092.jpegthen I had an eel, no photo of that! I then managed a 15lberIMG_8096.jpegthat was it for the day, we packed up at 4:45 as we had both been slowly roasting in the sun all day!

So the boys quest for a catfish continued last night with a trip to a local lake that had a good head of carp and catfish, as the sun went down, the lake came alive, my son set up in catfish corner and I set up next swim up casting to an island. I was first off the mark with a pesky bait stealing moggy IMG_8146.jpegthat pleased the boy…

He then managed a 19lb commonIMG_8150.jpeghe then got the take he was after, and a 20min scrap saw him fighting a large catfish, he finally had it beaten and was drawing it triumphantly towards the outstretched net… when the hook pulled! He was absolutely gutted, I could have cried for him. I then returned to my rods to see that I had a run, but my alarm hadn’t sounded, the line had dropped down the side of the roller and it hadn’t sounded! It was a catfish, but it snagged me and came off.

The boy had another common at dawn, which signalled the end of the action IMG_8156.jpeg

Back