• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

Out for an overnighter on the park lake tonight, it’s not fishing at its best, but you never know! Due to baby duties and work, I’ve not actually put much time in here this season and am yet to bank one this year. IMG_8461.jpegI’ve had a few issues recently with the tiny bobbins on chains I usually use, they’ve jammed in the roller of the buzzer on the take, which silences them so I’ve missed runs. To tackle this, I’ve got myself a set of little swingers to keep the bobbin away from the roller IMG_8462.jpeg

Well this trip is going better than expected…

It’s absolutely lashed it down, the water level has risen 6-8” and I had a screaming take just after midnight, I got soaked through playing a big old lump and eventually it rolled into the net, it looked good but the weight blew my mind
IMG_8483.jpegIMG_8484.jpeg42lb 14oz!!! 🤯🤯🤯 a new English PB, my 2nd 40lb+ English common and a new park and club record… (unofficial as unwitnessed)

First fish of the year from here… on what I’ve just realised is my first session on here this season!! Buzzing to fuck

Had a 2 nighter last Monday and Tuesday on the 80 acre . Also a catfish sesh Saturday night which I'll put on the catfish topic lol.
Red hot when I turned up probably about 30 degrees plus in the suntrap, being deep though down to about 60foot you can get bites on the hottest of days still . Had a little common and a tench the first evening and lots of pulls and plucks off whatever species it was. There is mullet and bass in here. Saw mullet this trip in a group of 5 and possible more below came charging through the swim on the surface a few times . Which is unusual for there although iv caught 1 before plus others have here so know there in here .

Anyway next morning slow and kicked off when the wind started pushing up my end had a few including a big, for me , 37 mirror and 25lbs etc 22 fully scaled as well.
Great sesh , peace and quiet for 48 hours , locked in here no access, and some fish 😁

View attachment 51269View attachment 51270View attachment 51271

View attachment 51272View attachment 51273View attachment 51274
Great fishing, I would take the fully scaled over the big one any day, big one still a fantastic fish 👍

It’s absolutely lashed it down, the water level has risen 6-8” and I had a screaming take just after midnight, I got soaked through playing a big old lump and eventually it rolled into the net, it looked good but the weight blew my mind
View attachment 51403View attachment 5140442lb 14oz!!! 🤯🤯🤯 a new English PB, my 2nd 40lb+ English common and a new park and club record… (unofficial as unwitnessed)

First fish of the year from here… on what I’ve just realised is my first session on here this season!! Buzzing to fuck
Great result, well done on the new PB 👍

After catching that big common last week, I have suddenly found myself unwelcome on the park lake, so I headed over the boarder into bandit country (otherwise known as Kent) to have a dabble. I headed to Dove lake at Hawkhurst (so I didn’t venture too deep into Kent, about 500yrds!!) I couldn’t decide whether to fish main lake or dove lake, so flipped a coin! (Scientific this carp fishing lark!) heads dove lake, tails main, heads won it so I booked on dove and headed over. On arrival, main lake was busy, dove lake was empty! First session on a new lake and I’ve got it to myself! As I didn’t get there til 7pm, I lost the light rather quickly, so I rushed the bait placement, swim choice was simple, the centre swim covered 90% of the lake, so lots of options open to me. I hurriedly sent one rod over to the tip of an island that looked good, and the other under a weeping willow that looked equally inviting, it being dark by the time I got the rods in position. A few spombs of hemp and boilie and I was up and running. The left hand rod got smashed by bird life all night long which was a pain, so losing confidence in island margins, I flicked both rods into open water with 16 bait stringers. One of these soon signalled a drop back which on striking, hit some resistance. The carp soon powered off straight to the reeds at my feet! 25 seconds later and it swam obligingly into my net! All 5lb of it! I unhooked it in the net and let it go. I reset that rod and got it back out. At dawn I got up and stuck a marker rod out where I’d been hammered by the ducks, to find it was 18” deep!! 😳 that will learn me.
On reflection, if (when) I return, I’d probably look at one or two other swims that covered the deeper areas where I saw a lot of good fish showing, I did quite a bit of plumbing before leaving for home, having a good wander about scoping some spots. It’s a lovely little lake and getting it to myself was a nice bonus! It’s a lovely little lake and on chatting with the young lad bailiff, who told me that the average was low 20s and I’d caught the smallest one in the lake! IMG_8559.jpeg

Well done Ouchy - nice report from a new Mark. 🎣🎣👍👍

After catching that big common last week, I have suddenly found myself unwelcome on the park lake, so I headed over the boarder into bandit country (otherwise known as Kent) to have a dabble. I headed to Dove lake at Hawkhurst (so I didn’t venture too deep into Kent, about 500yrds!!) I couldn’t decide whether to fish main lake or dove lake, so flipped a coin! (Scientific this carp fishing lark!) heads dove lake, tails main, heads won it so I booked on dove and headed over. On arrival, main lake was busy, dove lake was empty! First session on a new lake and I’ve got it to myself! As I didn’t get there til 7pm, I lost the light rather quickly, so I rushed the bait placement, swim choice was simple, the centre swim covered 90% of the lake, so lots of options open to me. I hurriedly sent one rod over to the tip of an island that looked good, and the other under a weeping willow that looked equally inviting, it being dark by the time I got the rods in position. A few spombs of hemp and boilie and I was up and running. The left hand rod got smashed by bird life all night long which was a pain, so losing confidence in island margins, I flicked both rods into open water with 16 bait stringers. One of these soon signalled a drop back which on striking, hit some resistance. The carp soon powered off straight to the reeds at my feet! 25 seconds later and it swam obligingly into my net! All 5lb of it! I unhooked it in the net and let it go. I reset that rod and got it back out. At dawn I got up and stuck a marker rod out where I’d been hammered by the ducks, to find it was 18” deep!! 😳 that will learn me.
On reflection, if (when) I return, I’d probably look at one or two other swims that covered the deeper areas where I saw a lot of good fish showing, I did quite a bit of plumbing before leaving for home, having a good wander about scoping some spots. It’s a lovely little lake and getting it to myself was a nice bonus! It’s a lovely little lake and on chatting with the young lad bailiff, who told me that the average was low 20s and I’d caught the smallest one in the lake! View attachment 51916
Great report. looks nice place (y)

View attachment 51403View attachment 5140442lb 14oz!!! 🤯🤯🤯 a new English PB, my 2nd 40lb+ English common and a new park and club record… (unofficial as unwitnessed)

Big old kipper that, the facial expressions are somewhat strange,you look as if you have had a nasty surprise in pic one but quite liked it in pic 2.😁

Big old kipper that, the facial expressions are somewhat strange,you look as if you have had a nasty surprise in pic one but quite liked it in pic 2.😁
Well it’s always a shock pushing past the sphincter muscles mate… 🙄

Back