• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Daiwa Millionaire 7HTMAGST Multiplier

Silverstone

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Anyone able to give some feed back on this Daiwa Millionaire 7HTMAGST Multiplier.

looking for a general all rounder ….

I see they are being sold for £510 each on eBay

The penn fathom I’ve heard is a good reel, I’m not sure why the 525 mags are so popular as they seem quite wide and maybe off balance? Happy for other views on that one?
I use the 515 mag 4, can’t fault them as I have 3! Nice and compact. Get good distance if I need it and a good rate of retrieve.

Anyone able to give some feed back on this Daiwa Millionaire 7HTMAGST Multiplier.

looking for a general all rounder ….
The ST's are no good for you mate, purely a clean ground reel. You need to be looking at the Penn SD's or Casting specials. Or stick to Mangles.. ;)

Ian.

Swayed very much to the Penn 515 Mag 4 Multiplier Fishing Reel. At £110. Each

just as starter reels for me and then see how I get on …
Just don't expect too much from them, robust is not a word you would use for them, lot of plastic parts used internally. (y)

Ian.

Are the fathom 12’s the same size as the 515’s?
I used to use ABU 6500 ct’s but what has happened to ABU? They don’t seem to market the CT caged reels anymore or have I missed something?

Are the fathom 12’s the same size as the 515’s?
I used to use ABU 6500 ct’s but what has happened to ABU? They don’t seem to market the CT caged reels anymore or have I missed something?
Yes the 515's and SD 12's are the same sizes spool, well give or take a millimetre. Abu haven't produced beach reels for a long time now, and the reels they do have are now Chinese made, so crap basically.. ;)

Ian.

Swayed very much to the Penn 515 Mag 4 Multiplier Fishing Reel. At £110. Each

just as starter reels for me and then see how I get on …
@blakdog is back who knows his stuff, is seriously not impressed with the Mag 4s ( or 2s or 3s) and he’s taken apart enough of them.

I have no personal experience of them but I’d trust a reel repairer’s opinion and it would certainly put me off buying one.

@blakdog is back who knows his stuff, is seriously not impressed with the Mag 4s ( or 2s or 3s) and he’s taken apart enough of them.

I have no personal experience of them but I’d trust a reel repairer’s opinion and it would certainly put me off buying one.
Yeh, Russ (Blakdog) hates them with a passion doesn't he.. And like you say, knows his stuff.. (y)

Ian.

As a starter reel I am giving it a go if I can’t get on with them then there is no problem.
if I like multipliers then I will shop about for something better..

but just got two. For £30 the pair.
he said it was the last of his sea fishing gear as he is now carp fishing so here they he said give me £30 and enjoy them .
So what’s not to like..
If you have never used a Multi, don't try to run before you can walk, and good luck... (y)

Ian.

Cheers for that is mono the line to use or braid
If you have never used a Multi, steer well clear of Braid, Mono is the way to go for now. ;)

Ian.

There are very few Multi users that use Braid, some say they do, and good luck to them, me, not a chance, and I have been using Multis for over 50 years, never even held a Mangle.. ;)

Ian.

Back