• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Daiwa Millionaire 7HTMAGST Multiplier

There are very few Multi users that use Braid, some say they do, and good luck to them, me, not a chance, and I have been using Multis for over 50 years, never even held a Mangle.. ;)

Ian.
I’ve never seen someone actually using it on a multi for shore fishing

Yeh, Russ (Blakdog) hates them with a passion doesn't he.. And like you say, knows his stuff.. (y)

Ian.
Your not kidding ... did two Mag3s for someone today and despite them being well cared for they haven't improved my opinion of them!

but just got two. For £30 the pair.
Despite my hatred of them you can't really knock that ... at that price they are good value so long as they work.

I’ve never seen someone actually using it on a multi for shore fishing
Most of the top match anglers that use Multis don't use braid, Joe Plumstead for one.. Saul Page, Julian Shambrook(y)

Ian.

Last edited:
Most of the top match anglers that use Multis don't use braid, Joe Plumstead for one.. (y)

Ian.
Never heard of him lol, but I think you’d have to be a special kind of sadomasochist to use it on a shore multi

They work perfect. Seems to be in very good condition .
Have you actually cast and fished with them then.?

Ian.

Never heard of him lol, but I think you’d have to be a special kind of sadomasochist to use it on a shore multi
Well. Except the one time a certain idiot who shan’t be named forgot he still had some on his reel from a boat trip 🙄

It cast okay, distance wasn’t an objective that night, but the feckin nodding dog syndrome from the bloody stuff - I was on the verge of throwing the rod and reel in the drink before the end of the session! 🤬🤬🤬

A winner then at that money .... run them till they die.
I think he only got them today, so I don't think he has actually used them yet, could be wrong Russ.. ;)

Ian.

Well. Except the one time a certain idiot who shan’t be named forgot he still had some on his reel from a boat trip 🙄

It cast okay, distance wasn’t an objective that night, but the feckin nodding dog syndrome from the bloody stuff - I was on the verge of throwing the rod and reel in the drink before the end of the session! 🤬🤬🤬
And it being like cheese wire, one finger or two..🤣

Ian.

Nope ask someone to look at them for me he said if I can’t use them he will buy them from me so they must be ok as this guy only uses multipliers
Hope you can use them.;)

Ian.

Last edited:
Lots of people use braid on multis. It works fine.
Not advisable to someone who has never used a Multi..Like the OP ;)

Ian.

One can only try

I used boat multipliers for years but there basically just drop on wind up.
all those were loaded with 50lb braid . no casting required ….🪠🎣
(y)

Ian.

Back