• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Daiwa Millionaire 7HTMAGST Multiplier

Not at all. Just wondering why you express such strong opinions about something you've no experience of.
That is correct, I have no experience of Braid. But I do have over 50 years of experience of using Multis, and the OP was asking what he should use on one having never used one for beach casting. I said mono was the way to go to start with. (y)

Ian.

No, do I need to then.

Ian.
Itā€™s not so much the tangle potential as the bloody constant tapping away I just canā€™t stand.
Said before on here but used mono for a long time and I know what a fish bite looks like, and usually the different types of fish.

What I donā€™t need is the constant tapping, nodding and twitching at every crab fart or bit of wave

I must admit that Braid has never appealed to me, mono user all my fishing life, and not going to change now, but I have seen people slice there bloody fingers open with it, and the debate will continue for ever as to which is better. :)

I will never mention Braid again, honest ma lord...

Ian.

I must admit that Braid has never appealed to me, mono user all my fishing life, and not going to change now, but I have seen people slice there bloody fingers open with it, and the debate will continue for ever as to which is better. :)

I will never mention Braid again, honest ma lord...

Ian.
I hate the stuff but it has it's place.

Yeah, I've seen some nasty cuts from braid too. Always people casting a FS reel who forgot to tighten up their drag. Burnt my finger myself a time or two doing that.

As a starter reel I am giving it a go if I canā€™t get on with them then there is no problem.
if I like multipliers then I will shop about for something better..

but just got two. For Ā£30 the pair.
he said it was the last of his sea fishing gear as he is now carp fishing so here they he said give me Ā£30 and enjoy them .
So whatā€™s not to like..
Give the spool a bit of float, set the mag to full, keep it smooth and give it a flickā€¦ youā€™ll be fine šŸ˜‰

Yeah, I've seen some nasty cuts from braid too. Always people casting a FS reel who forgot to tighten up their drag. Burnt my finger myself a time or two doing that.
I can remember fishing near a bloke using Braid, he suddenly came running over to me and my partner Karen, holding his finger up in the air, the top of which was hanging off at the knuckle, Braid had sliced it down to the bone, Karen took him to the local A&E. He wasn't using a fingerstall...Ouch... :(

Ian.

One can only try

I used boat multipliers for years but there basically just drop down and. wind up.
all those were loaded with 50lb braid . no casting required ā€¦.šŸŖ šŸŽ£
You will either love it or hate it .... but you'd be advised to learn how to use it on a casting multiplier (safely) and have a spare reel handy .... it can be a steep learning curve. And before anybody asks ... yes I have used it on a number of different multipliers.

Anyone able to give some feed back on this Daiwa Millionaire 7HTMAGST Multiplier.

looking for a general all rounder ā€¦.
7ht st I have a pair and absolutely love them for long range fishing on clean beaches. For rougher ground and big sea's I have a pair of fathom 12 mk1 great reels for fast retrieve and casting. If you have money to burn 7ht st. If not penn fathom 12

As a starter reel I am giving it a go if I canā€™t get on with them then there is no problem.
if I like multipliers then I will shop about for something better..

but just got two. For Ā£30 the pair.
he said it was the last of his sea fishing gear as he is now carp fishing so here they he said give me Ā£30 and enjoy them .
So whatā€™s not to like..

You got a good deal there. I have a couple of 525Mag2 reels and they've been very reliable. Also have a 515 that has a slightly narrower spool but otherwise very similar. Use mono and a tapered leader on mine and have been happy with them.

I've seen a few comments that the latest versions of these reels have suffered from some over-enthusiastic value engineering and so aren't as good. After having produced the reel for a few years Penn should have enough knowledge to make improvements and address the weaker points of the original design. Unfortunately the drive to save production cost can pull things in the opposite direction. Having said that, I haven't tried the Mag4 version so I can't speak from first-hand knowledge.

Dial in plenty of magnetic braking to start with and ease off gradually as you go. Remember that you might need some adjustment of the braking depending on conditions such as your casting weight, size of bait, headwind, etc

Not yet.Watch this space.;)
Truth is I have six brand new rods still awaiting an outing, purely because I just love my Primo Synchro's. In order of purchase, pair of AFAW Tournament Match Pro MK2's, pair of Century FB GT's and of course the new Century built Zziplex Profile GT's are waiting for their chance on the beach.. (y)

Ian.

Truth is I have six brand new rods still awaiting an outing, purely because I just love my Primo Synchro's. In order of purchase, pair of AFAW Tournament Match Pro MK2's, pair of Century FB GT's and of course the new Century built Zziplex Profile GT's are waiting for their chance on the beach.. (y)

Ian.
Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£

Back