• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

'Fishing Tackle' in Lidl

Wonder if I should have got a rod holdall now too. Don’t usually bother with them but the Salt one I have is very unbalanced, would have been willing to try the Lidl version

Oh. Um. I posted yesterday I attached a loose strap in the product bin to to tackle case as they didn’t seem to have one.
Looked inside today and there’s a new strap inside.
Oops 😬😬😬
Oh, i think you should return it Mr Fish... :D

Ian.

Managed to get the web page to load again this morning after a bit of tinkering.
Whilst I think that Rod holdall would take my 3 piece Conti rods, it wouldn't take a 2 piece 12' beachcaster. Also concerned as to how well the Zips would hold up in a salt environment, and it has 2 piece shoulder straps (like a Rucksack) which wouldn't be a lot of good if you also used a Rucksack. Don't think a big F/S reel would fit in the side pockets either. I'll stick with my Shakey Agility.

I bought one of their tripods some years ago too, but have never used it. Back then it had legs that you twist to lock, so looks like they've improved that. Mine was reluctant to stay at the height you set it to, which is why it hasn't been used.

Managed to get the web page to load again this morning after a bit of tinkering.
Whilst I think that Rod holdall would take my 3 piece Conti rods, it wouldn't take a 2 piece 12' beachcaster. Also concerned as to how well the Zips would hold up in a salt environment, and it has 2 piece shoulder straps (like a Rucksack) which wouldn't be a lot of good if you also used a Rucksack. Don't think a big F/S reel would fit in the side pockets either. I'll stick with my Shakey Agility.

I bought one of their tripods some years ago too, but have never used it. Back then it had legs that you twist to lock, so looks like they've improved that. Mine was reluctant to stay at the height you set it to, which is why it hasn't been used.
Oh, are they a bit on the small side? Probably no good to me then

Oh, are they a bit on the small side? Probably no good to me then
Rod bag or the Tripod?

The Rod bag is said to be 160cms, so would probably get my 3 piece Conti Rods in there. No good for a 12' 2 piece Rod.
The Tripod is a max height of 126cms. I think I bought the old Lidl Tripod thinking it would be nice & light and OK for Pier use, but not much good if the legs won't stay extended. It's a bit flimsy too - the new ones might be better.

Now that the website is OK again, I'll put a fresh link up, as the one in my OP doesn't seem to work.

Rod bag or the Tripod?

The Rod bag is said to be 160cms, so would probably get my 3 piece Conti Rods in there. No good for a 12' 2 piece Rod.
The Tripod is a max height of 126cms. I think I bought the old Lidl Tripod thinking it would be nice & light and OK for Pier use, but not much good if the legs won't stay extended. It's a bit flimsy too - the new ones might be better.
The rod bag mate. I don’t need a pack away tripod

My fish.... i have about ten decent rod bags you are welcone to one
Many thanks Pete, that’s much appreciated. Do you mean holdalls? I have actual rod bags although they don’t get much use.
Tbh I very rarely use holdalls unless I take multiple rods to chesil, then it’s my Salt one but it’s a cumbersome poorly balanced thing.
Just thought in retrospect I might have tried the Lidl one but it sounds like it’s not really geared to beachcasters anyway.

But yes please, if you’ve got a balanced one that doesn’t wobble like an out of control giant dildo like the Salt does, I’ll shout next time I’m heading your way ☺️

Many thanks Pete, that’s much appreciated. Do you mean holdalls? I have actual rod bags although they don’t get much use.
Tbh I very rarely use holdalls unless I take multiple rods to chesil, then it’s my Salt one but it’s a cumbersome poorly balanced thing.
Just thought in retrospect I might have tried the Lidl one but it sounds like it’s not really geared to beachcasters anyway.

But yes please, if you’ve got a balanced one that doesn’t wobble like an out of control giant dildo like the Salt does, I’ll shout next time I’m heading your way ☺️
Yep I have several let me know when your next headed anywhere near chesil and I will sort one out. Theres a mustad one there which should work for you.

Yep I have several let me know when your next headed anywhere near chesil and I will sort one out. Theres a mustad one there which should work for you.
Brill, thank you Pete, I’ll keep you posted!

Not certain when I’m next down yet. May try for an undie in July midweek but nothing fixed yet!

'Fishing Tackle' on offer in Lidl next week. Mostly Freshwater gear as always, hence the inverted commas, but may be something of interest to some. The 5000 F/S Baitrunner for £14.99 might be handy as a spare reel.

Does anyone know when lidl stops selling the fishing gear thanks in advance

Its not likely to be long, local store has little left. Could go for the next promo on Sunday, or for next Thurs......
It came in last Thursday so there might be a little still knocking around but their new weekly promo would have gone up today

Does anyone know when lidl stops selling the fishing gear thanks in advance
Promotions like that are only usually on for a week, limited stocks per store, and as they say, "when it's gone, it's gone".
Started on the 15th, so finished yesterday, but there may still be stock remaining in some stores.

Back