• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

How to fix this..

flappy

Reaction score
I mentioned a few months ago that my reel seat has come apart.. I can’t move the top bit.. so how does this work..?
IMG_3094.jpeg
IMG_3093.jpeg

Put some light oil inside the black part and see if it will loosen off it should slide try turning it anti clockwise if you get it loose job done next time slide it over the reel foot and hold in place with the knurled screw collar don't overtighten it again 🤷👍

@flappy
Mr Sheen or whatever fkin pressurised polish you get up there.

Spray all over and then screw it back, holding the rest in your other hand.

Done it with one of mine.

Flappys reel seat.png

As Tony said, give A, B, & C a good soak in WD40 or similar. Then give it a couple more good sprays & leave it for a while.
Make sure A (the locking ring) is free & clean the threads. Wind A down as far away from the reel foot as you can.
Give B a GENTLE tap in the direction of the arrow with a block of wood or something that isn't going to damage it. The collar B that slides over the reel foot tends to twist a little, so it needs to be straightend up. Tap or move it down to A. If it won't move, more WD40 and let it soak.
Reel should now pull out from C.
Give everything a GOOD clean (including removal of the Fish scales!) and apply some Silicone spray or similar before re-attaching the reel to the rod. Don't overtighten A.

View attachment 47124

As Tony said, give A, B, & C a good soak in WD40 or similar. Then give it a couple more good sprays & leave it for a while.
Make sure A (the locking ring) is free & clean the threads. Wind A down as far away from the reel foot as you can.
Give B a GENTLE tap in the direction of the arrow with a block of wood or something that isn't going to damage it. The collar B that slides over the reel foot tends to twist a little, so it needs to be straightend up. Tap or move it down to A. If it won't move, more WD40 and let it soak.
Reel should now pull out from C.
Give everything a GOOD clean (including removal of the Fish scales!) and apply some Silicone spray or similar before re-attaching the reel to the rod. Don't overtighten A.
Thank you…👍😃

What ever happened to using a hammer and a block of wood?

I would try an axe next, chop it into small bits and stick it on your log burner 👍
He wouldn't be carbon neutral then ;)

Not yet.. I did try and whack it with a spanner but it didn’t work..🙄
More WD40 or similar required, and let it soak!

Back