• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

How to fix this..

Warm it up with a hair drier , and gently tap it downward using a bit of wood or as suggested elsewhere an open ended spanner .

And in future try to look after your gear instead of chucking it in a corner encrusted with fish scales and god knows what other stuff. You would not believe the amount of times I am asked to sort out Multiplier reels that have been used, abused , not cleaned and just left after being used.

Dave

The important bit is WHERE you tap it. Some WD would help but if not some washing up liquid mind you by the state of the rod I`d guess you aint got any of that either.

Wee soak with Fairy or whatever and tap opposite the reel foot, i.e. the bit that would be skywards as you are fishing. Soak say 5 mins, grab the reel and give it a few twists then tap as per the arrow.

IMG_3093.jpeg

My rods are the same, gives character 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nah, you're just a scruffy bast'id :ROFLMAO:

My rods are cleaned down after every trip and the reels washed and oiled .................. but the inside of the car is a totally different ball game, my wife has muttered that she has seen many a cleaner pig pen :ROFLMAO:

This has happened to me many a time. Oil won't work. Like the lads that know have said ye need to wack it. Just make sure you don't nip your top hand, ask me how I know about the nipping the hand bit🤪.

Mark.

The important bit is WHERE you tap it. Some WD would help but if not some washing up liquid mind you by the state of the rod I`d guess you aint got any of that either.

Wee soak with Fairy or whatever and tap opposite the reel foot, i.e. the bit that would be skywards as you are fishing. Soak say 5 mins, grab the reel and give it a few twists then tap as per the arrow.

View attachment 47179
It looks fckd to me.

It is fkd but we are dealing with flapster who can`t loosen a tight reel hood, what chance of him changing the reel seat ?
I have tried tightening up the twisty bit to the stuck part and taping it up with electrical tape.. and turning it back with a pair of mole grips.. end result f all…🙄

I have tried tightening up the twisty bit to the stuck part and taping it up with electrical tape.. and turning it back with a pair of mole grips.. end result f all…🙄
Thye two bits are a compression fit, not easy to do without machine. Just give the hood (the dod the reel foot is in) a thump where I showed in the picture. It will be slightly off straight and no doubt salt encrusted.

Wind A back up onto B.
Then as you unscrew A
Put pressure/push against the reel foot stem in the direction it comes undone.
This keeps the metal bit B 'locked' into the other bit A.

View attachment 47179
I can't believe it won't be off in a couple of taps following these instructions?
Stand the butt section upside down on the floor, on a bit of flat wood preferably....needs a solid surface, then tap opposite side to reel foot.
You can also tap down on both sides, as the aim it to loosen it all around and get it back inline with the rod and not at an angle like it is now.

Back