• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Norway Place

Steveh24

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
I wasn't sure where to put this

I've just been told by a friend that they can no longer go on our Norway trip next year in July, so I have room for one or two sharing a room for a two week trip to the Sandland fishing camp in Northern Norway, which is probably one of the best fishing destinations in Norway and I've been going there for the past 8 years, so I know the waters well.

Pre-requisite for this trip is for a non-smoker.

If anyone is interested in going, please send me a pm and I can give you more info.

Nice one Steve. Heard so many things about fishing in Norway on the forums, I'd love to go, but just too old and health issues say no.
Good luck and tight lines! 👍👍

Nice one Steve. Heard so many things about fishing in Norway on the forums, I'd love to go, but just too old and health issues say no.
Good luck and tight lines! 👍👍
I've fished in many places around the world, but you will not catch as many fish or the quality of fish as you will in Norway

During the summer you can expect to catch Cod to 50lb, Coafish to 30lb, Halibut in excess of 100lb, Plaice to 8lbs and Haddock to 10lbs and have most of these

Hi Steve, we’re going in June otherwise I could have been tempted!

Although I do vape so don’t know if that counts as smoking!

Hi Steve, we’re going in June otherwise I could have been tempted!

Although I do vape so don’t know if that counts as smoking!
Hi Tony

I think vaping would have been ok

We went with a smoker about 4 years ago and to be fair he never smoked on the boat and only smoked outside of the apartment, but when he came back in the whole place smelled like a ashtray and I said to myself, never again.

Where about in Norway are you going next year

Recommend a Norway trip to those not been.

Off to our annual 8 day trip to Torsvag Havfiske on Vannoy Island eo July. We take travel rods. 2 cases of which one is a "grip" that fits round a polystyrene box in which we take food out & bring filleted fish back in.

Recommend a Norway trip to those not been.

Off to our annual 8 day trip to Torsvag Havfiske on Vannoy Island eo July. We take travel rods. 2 cases of which one is a "grip" that fits round a polystyrene box in which we take food out & bring filleted fish back in.
I definitely agree that a Norway trip should be on every Sea Anglers Bucket list and with the way Cod fishing in going over here it might the only chance you have of seeing one.

We went to Buroysund about 10 years ago and stayed in the big house, Sonja and Bjorn looked after us well as we were the other side of Vannoya to the main camp in Torsvag, we had a great time.

Back