• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Norway Place

Just back from week's fishing in Norway up in Arctic Circle with 4 of my angling buddies. Got out every day even though not in a Fjord. Often T shirt only whilst the raining in UK. Some cracking Cod with best at 40lb and next best 35lb. 9 Halibut returned as under 85cm and 1 large one lost near surface (estimated at 3 metres). Some pics :-

Attachments

• Andy's Halibut on its way back into the sea.jpg
    Andy's Halibut on its way back into the sea.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Chris with nice Coalfish.jpg
    Chris with nice Coalfish.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 16
  • Chris 40lb cod.jpg
    Chris 40lb cod.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Nick - close up of big cod.jpg
    Nick - close up of big cod.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Sunset at 2330 - Sunrise at 0100.jpg
    Sunset at 2330 - Sunrise at 0100.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Reindeer - sunbathing on the beach.jpg
    Reindeer - sunbathing on the beach.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Skipper Cox.jpg
    Skipper Cox.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 17
  • View from the flat.jpg
    View from the flat.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 18
Since posting my request for another angler to join us on our trip I've spoken to several interested people, but it was eventually taken by two Norway regulars who live quite close to me, so worked out ok in the end.

With the exchange rate being 13.76 at the time, we all paid for the trip in it's entirety and it worked out cheaper than 2022, even though the prices have gone up quite a bit.

Just need to book the flights, which we won't do until early next year.

Can't wait to get my lures in to those cold Norwegian waters again :)(y)

Tbf I’m looking forward to hitting them big plaice next year!!
I think the large ones are called Halibut, vicious things. I caught quite a few to 164lbs in BC Canada, my friends shot them with a pistol.

Since posting my request for another angler to join us on our trip I've spoken to several interested people, but it was eventually taken by two Norway regulars who live quite close to me, so worked out ok in the end.

With the exchange rate being 13.76 at the time, we all paid for the trip in it's entirety and it worked out cheaper than 2022, even though the prices have gone up quite a bit.

Just need to book the flights, which we won't do until early next year.

Can't wait to get my lures in to those cold Norwegian waters again :)(y)
One wasn’t called Paul was he? 🤔

@Ollieollie loves him 😇

Just back from week's fishing in Norway up in Arctic Circle with 4 of my angling buddies. Got out every day even though not in a Fjord. Often T shirt only whilst the raining in UK. Some cracking Cod with best at 40lb and next best 35lb. 9 Halibut returned as under 85cm and 1 large one lost near surface (estimated at 3 metres). Some pics :-
Great report & photos Coxy - nice one! 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice fish. Those have got to be the "LOUDEST" trousers I've ever seen.

We are off on the 17th August..... anyone who knows me knows I love plaice fishing.
There are a lot of big halibobs but my mates and i want a double figure plaice if we get one that will be the target and thats actually why I am going.
@Leginfisher had some whoppers last year so the hunt is on!!
As I said earlier in the thread Pete I’m excited about the big plaice next year like you!! Happy days mate look forward to your reports mate 👍👍

We are off on the 17th August..... anyone who knows me knows I love plaice fishing.
There are a lot of big halibobs but my mates and i want a double figure plaice if we get one that will be the target and thats actually why I am going.
@Leginfisher had some whoppers last year so the hunt is on!!
Over the last few years I've gotten in to the Plaice fishing and we've had some fair sized fish to around 8lbs, but for next year I've been given a couple of marks that have produced a couple of double figure fish, so I can't wait to try them.

I normally use Black Lug as bait for my Plaice fishing, but some of local fishermen have told us to try fish baits for the bigger fish, so will try some small pieces of Coalie unless we are lucky enough to catch some Mackerel.

Good luck with your trip Pete, I will look for a report (y)

Will p
Over the last few years I've gotten in to the Plaice fishing and we've had some fair sized fish to around 8lbs, but for next year I've been given a couple of marks that have produced a couple of double figure fish, so I can't wait to try them.

I normally use Black Lug as bait for my Plaice fishing, but some of local fishermen have told us to try fish baits for the bigger fish, so will try some small pieces of Coalie unless we are lucky enough to catch some Mackerel.

Will post but a bit later.

We had a go for plaice one morning at a mark given to us. . We only had one small one using squid. Problem was little codling grabbing both baits. Our best has been 6lb but rest have been much less than that. Also told cooked prawns are a good bait. Best of luck with the big one !

We had some mackerel on coalie rigs- so they are "up north".

Back