• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Rod Tip Lighting

Mesmo

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
So many different types to choose from even ones with Bells on

Any recommends please Chaps and Chappesses?

Ta Very Muchly! (y)

I've started using a smallish LED torch, with rechargeable batteries, saves throwing tip lights in the bin.
got torch with batts on amazon, they also do a torch holder for cycles that fits perfectly on the tripod,
photo on bright moon lit night IMG_20220910_214701.jpg

amazon parts are: not cheap to buy but 3.7v batts last a long time, never ran out on me yet, but always pack a spare tho.
when fitted they shine straight up between the rods.

OLIGHT FB-1 Universal Bike Mount for Flashlight, Bicycle Flashlight Bracket for 10 mm to 35 mm Torchs, Ideal for Cycling, an Adjustable and Flexible Elastic Rubber Mount. £6.95​

Bright Flashlight, 4 Slot Universal Battery Charger, with 8 Rechargeable 18650 Top Button 3.7v Lithium Batteries, Smart Charger 18650, 26650, 18500, 16650 Rechargeable Batteries £22.95​

Last edited:
I use a torch aswel. Easier than dicking around with stupid lights that always pack up half way through a session

I also have a rechargeable head torch that can be adjusted to a spot or wide beam. Mine lasts when on approx 15 to 20hrs and has led lights.

Tip tape and head torch.
Tip lights are a pita.
Bells belong in church towers.
Yep, same for me. I figure you’ve got to look at the rod anyway, so if you’re looking at it with a head torch on, you’ll see it in any case 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think I will go down this route ….. thanks all (y)

Since my last post on this subject,I've been given some glow in the dark tape,does anyone on here use it ?

Ocean sun clip on stick lights are pretty good, crack and shake chemicals, last for ages. When you get home after your session put it or them in the freezer ready for next session, when they thaw they will still be glowing, used to last me a few weeks when i was going out 2 or 3 times a week. Also use tape and torch but if in more stealth mode i still use the clip on stick lights.

Buy the very best headlamp you can afford..... do not listen to any value for money bollox.... a top draw headlamp is over 125 quid.
Then buy a back up..... and keep it charged.
Order of importance.
1) appropriate clothing
2) headlamp
3) everything else

Last edited:
I've started using a smallish LED torch, with rechargeable batteries, saves throwing tip lights in the bin.
got torch with batts on amazon, they also do a torch holder for cycles that fits perfectly on the tripod,
photo on bright moon lit night View attachment 35192

amazon parts are: not cheap to buy but 3.7v batts last a long time, never ran out on me yet, but always pack a spare tho.
when fitted they shine straight up between the rods.

OLIGHT FB-1 Universal Bike Mount for Flashlight, Bicycle Flashlight Bracket for 10 mm to 35 mm Torchs, Ideal for Cycling, an Adjustable and Flexible Elastic Rubber Mount. £6.95​

Bright Flashlight, 4 Slot Universal Battery Charger, with 8 Rechargeable 18650 Top Button 3.7v Lithium Batteries, Smart Charger 18650, 26650, 18500, 16650 Rechargeable Batteries £22.95​

OLight gear is good - I've got one of their headlights. Sooner deal direct with Olight than via Amazon. They are currently offering a total of £25 worth of coupons if you sign up to their site.

Cheers Phis ... who is the seller though
Found you a link! They don't come with holders, seller's links for the holders don't work, and having done a copy & paste jobbie, looks like the holders are out of stock.

Back