• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

The Century Fireblade GT's

I have had to do the same on the zziplex Profile GT's as well, and they are only 22mm butts.. ;)

Ian.

That would be perfect thanks :)
Sorry for the delay, i asked my mate, who has a final prototype 14ft GT, and has T900's...along with a carbon tip FB.

He seemed to think the FB gt had a slightly stiffer tip and softer butt/mid than a T900.

Both do a good job, the rougher mks/big leads, he would use the T900 over the FB, but feels both do the job if you only had one option.

The FB is easier to cast , especially for the average angler ...due to more flex lower down im guessing.....i personally find the 13ft carbon tip versions very easy to cast due to the softer butts.

Ill ask another lad, see his views on both.

I will add that both these lads are very powerful caster's, and used to stiff rods T1000's etc....if you aren't, then a FB may well be as stiff as you would want .....rods are quite an individual thing 👍

The 2nd lad said the FB was more tippy, tip bent further down the blank than T900....agreed softer mid and butt. He added it was a thinner blank, lighter and he used it with 5&6oz leads, and his T900 for heavier stuff.

He said it was a great FS and braid rod, which he mainly uses it for.
Hope that helps 👍

The 2nd lad said the FB was more tippy, tip bent further down the blank than T900....agreed softer mid and butt. He added it was a thinner blank, lighter and he used it with 5&6oz leads, and his T900 for heavier stuff.

He said it was a great FS and braid rod, which he mainly uses it for.
Hope that helps 👍

Brill thanks mate sounds a cracking rod!

Back