• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

The Century Fireblade GT's

Only just realised that Fishing Republic are part of & owned by Go Outdoors.
We've got one here in Plymouth, and not impressed the couple of times I've been in there, but after Ian's experience, I think if they had something I wanted, it woud be better to Go Indoors and make sure they had got what I wanted.
I don’t have fishing poles in my garden..🙄

Well still awaiting a response from the clowns, will be on the Phone first thing in the morning, will be a money back conversation from me..:mad:
As Dave said, they are part of the GO Outdoors brigade, but i cant without my reel seats..:(

Ian.

The problem i have now is the Abu Grip-Lok seats are as rare as hens teeth now, cant find anywhere that still has them, grr

Ian.

I have had dealings with them before. Found them really helpful, just abit slow responding. My issue was a damaged item, had it sorted withing 8 working days from memory.

Finally had a response from Fishing Republic, mind you this was because i used the web based system this time, used the email address yesterday. They want pictures of what i received, i replied that i sent the relevant pictures yesterday via email, so please check your emails etc etc.

See what happens next.

Ian.

The problem i have now is the Abu Grip-Lok seats are as rare as hens teeth now, cant find anywhere that still has them, grr

Ian.
Totally their cock-up, so hopefully they will insist both parties return their orders (at Fishing Republic's cost of course) and you might still get them Ian, eventually. 👍👍

Totally their cock-up, so hopefully they will insist both parties return their orders (at Fishing Republic's cost of course) and you might still get them Ian, eventually. 👍👍
Not holding my breath Dave, but hope you are right mate... (y)

Ian.

I'd say the Graphex match or supermatch LD would fall into your requirements. Would be perfectly at home casting 4oz.
I have a pair of the regular supermatch and can bend them plenty with 5oz.
Now that Zziplex are available again will look at the Profile GT when Poingdestres get stock in ;)

Well in the end I had to phone Fishing Republic about my order, or lack of I should say, they could not explain why I had received a load of Freshwater crap instead of the reel seats I ordered, and all they can do is refund me the money once the items I received were returned to them, takes about 14 days for refund.. :mad: Feckin useless company. Wont be buying from them again.

Ian.

Well in the end I had to phone Fishing Republic about my order, or lack of I should say, they could not explain why I had received a load of Freshwater crap instead of the reel seats I ordered, and all they can do is refund me the money once the items I received were returned to them, takes about 14 days for refund.. :mad: Feckin useless company. Wont be buying from them again.

Ian.
Piss poor customer service 🤮

So where do these fireblades fit in the beach rod hierarchy?

The new Fireblade GT's are Century's glass tipped mid-range rods, for anglers that don't want to spend out on top of the range rods, but will still get an excellent rod, with the knowledge they are getting a quality British built rod.

Ian.

I've had the 13ft Fireblades with carbon tips, since they came out....I think they are a great rod for my channel mks. They are a rod for ease of use and cover mixed to clean ground fishing.
The glass tip version should give a similar experience, but with a more sensitive tip.

The blank to me feels very nice, not much different to the top price rods, but savings on price have been made using stainless eyes, less fancy whipping/finish etc, and a basic rod bag.

If I hadn't bought a pair of Graphex supermatches, I would definitely have got a pair of the the FB gt's....in fact I still may, as I'm rubbish at treating rods well, and would rather have something cheaper on the reefs I don't need to worry about as much.... stainless eyes are also tougher than lightweight Titanium.

Feck it, just received an email from Rutherford's Angling, they don't have the Abu Grip-Lok reel seats in stock
Did you get sorted?

I know Go Outdoors own Fishing Republic but they are still advertising the ABU Grip Lok.Cheaper if you have their discount card.

Did you get sorted?

I know Go Outdoors own Fishing Republic but they are still advertising the ABU Grip Lok.Cheaper if you have their discount card.
They don't have them mate, if you put your postcode in, it states 3-5 days, had this conversation with one of there customer service people when I was trying to find out what happened to the two I ordered, how can they source things that are no longer in production, and no nobody has any that I could find, the person agreed, they cant get any. :(

Still waiting for them to refund me for the the ones i never received.:mad:

Ian.

With the 25.2's i use on all my rods, i have to use a piece of shrink tube with them, so going up to the 26.1mm would need more packing out, don't want to do this really..
I am going to use the fitted reel seats on the Fireblade GT's, just add a coaster to them for a trigger grip. Will do the same on the two new zziplex Profile GT's, as they are only 22mm butts, so Grip-Loks would be no good anyway.

Ian.

I knew I had some Century Coasters in the loft that I had purchased ages ago, after a root around found the bag they were in, half a dozen 27mm ones, now fitted to the reel seats on the zziplex Profile GT's and Fireblade GT's, that was handy.. (y)

Ian.

Back