• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tying rigs?

Used the same few leads for years round here lol snaggy marks they would be gone in a day

Home made rigs always apart from feathers... simple pulleys or fixed pat as mainly use pennel and big baits ... if scratching use 2 hook flappers sometimes neatly made at home with crimps etc and sometimes just on the bank quickly tie loops and attach hooklinks .

Home made rigs usually simple pulleys or fixed pat as mainly use pennel and big baits ... if scratching use 2 hook flappers sometimes neatly made at home with crimps etc and sometimes just on the bank quickly tie loops and attach hooklinks .
It's the crimping tools I haven't got..makes rigs so much easier to use.

Man reasons I don’t like crimps is (a) it’s fiddly and (b) I always seem to feck it up and either weaken the line or they end up too loose.

I appreciate that’s workman error and not the tools…

I know where I am with knots though

Man reasons I don’t like crimps is (a) it’s fiddly and (b) I always seem to feck it up and either weaken the line or they end up too loose.

I appreciate that’s workman error and not the tools…

I know where I am with knots though
What are the knots for. ?

You don't need the exact tools ...I often use normal pliers or even your teeth if not sensitive lol , using 50lbs plus rig body ,gives you a lot of give and take if you squeeze too hard on the crimp it won't just snap . Surprising how little force you can put on a crimp to make it secure , without crushing the line and weakening it.
The right tools are only cheap though too if you can be bothered.

Will look it up... cheers.
Haven’t got any pictures myself but you’ll find some online I think.

Takes a little practice but basically you make the loop when you tie it very big, then after pulling it through you can trim the trace to whatever length you want and tie a second below it.

Very simple way to make a two hook flapper or clipped down. Just remember to slide any bait clips you use up the rig before trapping them between the two snoods.

I can do some pictures at some point if you want?

Back