• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tying rigs?

make my own rigs 80 lbs body's hook length 20 lbs to 60 lbs different hook size and shape , seem to work better ,as said before some rigs are made with crap parts , some made by some are good but normally aimed at match stile fishing more .

I always make my own and over the last 18 months 2yrs I’ve started making for others and also supplied a couple of shops with rigs. I only use good components and have a group on Facebook ( Fish ‘n’ Rigs )where I say/show pics of the built rigs and what’s used. With some I also include a small video clip of the rig setup.

I make my own rigs and have done since i started fishing many years ago. I trust the gear i buy , the knots i use . Ive always tested to destruction line and rig components and if i find any thing that breaks or fails to easily i bin all the stuff at great expense to my self . I found many things below par and in some cases dam right dangerous . Now i,m not saying all rigs you can buy are dangerous but it some times makes me wonder with profit and speed that the rig builder as to contend with are all things done properly

It's the crimping tools I haven't got..makes rigs so much easier to use.
Get a pair of round nose pliers,even jewellery pliers. Just don't crimp them to hard,just enough to keep them in place. This is worth a watch
Still use my pliers that I bought from Dave Docwra over 25 years ago.
You can still by the dvd,as I got one a couple of years ago

I've never been a fan of Crimps, until I tried the Breakaway adjustable ones with a neoprene liner - they come with a handy little tool to apply them.

I've never been a fan of Crimps, until I tried the Breakaway adjustable ones with a neoprene liner - they come with a handy little tool to apply them.
I also when I am crimping use the breakaway round nose pliers for setting them in place. I have a load of the ones with the rubber inserts and the tool but wasn’t as keen personally though they do have a use occasionally.

Never seen them ones Trampster mentioned ,they sound a lot better than the normal ones I use .
Here you go! Once you've bought the tool, crimps are available separately at the bottom of the page.

Back