• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Veals Online Accounts hardly worth the bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simply you stated that a company that doesn't sponsor or do bait provides nothing to the sport ... well that statement would include me .... so yes I take that seriously.

To be honest I think I'm every bit as bored with you as the other trade guys on here now. As I keep saying .. how someone runs their business is ultimately their own bloody business ... people should worry more about consumer rights being upheld, customer service and dealing with a business that pays its dues not whether they split two sides of their business 30 plus years ago.

And yes you are a troll I'm afraid ... a Veals troll. You just don't seem to able to grasp the simple fact that they are perfectly entitled to do things how they like within the law .... you say they are the biggest UK tackle retailer so obviously what they are doing is working.

The shop side (S. Veals & Son Limited) began trading in 1846 and finally closed in 2020.

https://www.facebook.com/VealsFishingTackle/?locale=en_GB
One can have a choice dog, either use them or not; that is the question?

In a post above I pointed out that Veals had made the decision to shut there face to face business to make more money and its been successful the books are online and they have achieved their goal my problem has always been they put nothing back.

You state above clearly that you have put me on ignore I hope you have because your making yourself look a bit foolish with your fantasy type responses. No matter how much noise you make my position will not change and the facts will not change.
You banged on about checking companies house and it is easy to do just that and see the true facts .... the shop continued to trade from 1992 (when they moved the mail order side over to a newly incorporated company ) until 2020 at which time it went into administration. All this rubbish about them shutting it because there wasn't enough profit in it is just simply not true. Like many struggling shops, covid seems to have finished it off.

For those that want to look at facts rather than some sort of conspiracy theory the records of both companies are available to view at companies house .... although there was a crossover of directors they are certainly not going to want to go into administration ... only the liquidators make money out of that! I'll post the links so people can read for themselves.

S. Veals & Son

Circumstances leading to the appointment of administrators

Veals Mail Order

Some other info ..

https://barbel.co.uk/forum/threads/veals-of-bristol-rip.16509/

https://www.facebook.com/VealsFishingTackle

The fantasies here are all yours .... the plain facts of the matter are on record at companies house. I'd hasten to add that Veals Mail Order have never been the enemy to small independents ... there are others that have their sights set on becoming the UK equivalent of Bass Pro and have already engulfed a large number of the smaller shops.

Last edited:
You banged on about checking companies house and it is easy to do just that and see the true facts .... the shop continued to trade from 1992 (when they moved the mail order side over to a newly incorporated company ) until 2020 at which time it went into administration. All this rubbish about them shutting it because there wasn't enough profit in it is just simply not true. Like many struggling shops, covid seems to have finished it off.

For those that want to look at facts rather than some sort of conspiracy theory the records of both companies are available to view at companies house .... although there was a crossover of directors they are certainly not going to want to go into administration ... only the liquidators make money out of that! I'll post the links so people can read for themselves.

S. Veals & Son

Circumstances leading to the appointment of administrators

Veals Mail Order

Some other info ..

https://barbel.co.uk/forum/threads/veals-of-bristol-rip.16509/

https://www.facebook.com/VealsFishingTackle

The fantasies here are all yours .... the plain facts of the matter are on record at companies house. I'd hasten to add that Veals Mail Order have never been the enemy to small independents ... there are others that have their sights set on becoming the UK equivalent of Bass Pro and have already engulfed a large number of the smaller shops.

Russ... you might want to check Veals own post.
A conspiracy is an illegal act no ones ever said the directors conspired.... only that they chose to shut down a shop.
So conspiracy no...... but they did exactly what I said they did.
As for fantasies.... thats for others to decide.
Are Veals putting enough back into the sport, again thats for others to be the judge.
Spend you money wherever you like again an individuals decision.
Are Veals Mail Order VMO a good thing for UK angling..... everyone will have their own opinion.

Russ... you might want to check Veals own post.
A conspiracy is an illegal act no ones ever said the directors conspired.... only that they chose to shut down a shop.
So conspiracy no...... but they did exactly what I said they did.
As for fantasies.... thats for others to decide.
Are Veals putting enough back into the sport, again thats for others to be the judge.
Spend you money wherever you like again an individuals decision.
Are Veals Mail Order VMO a good thing for UK angling..... everyone will have their own opinion.
Anybody that bothers to read the thread and links can see exactly what the facts are and what you were trying to imply .... you were clearly trying to give the impression that the directors split the business to kill the shop and then closed it down out of greed and that clearly is nothing like what happened .... it is in black and white on companies house for all to see.

The shop ran for over 30 years after the split and when it closed it was insolvent and had been for some time if you bother to read the docs on companies house. When a company is insolvent the responsible thing to do is appoint administrators to try to mitigate creditor's loss and the courts won't agree to it unless the company is genuinely insolvent so your suggesting that they split the business to get rid of the shop is just coming across as a very thinly veiled attempt to discredit a very respectable company.

For anybody that can be arsed the administrator's report makes it very clear that the directors had no choice about things .... I've attached the relevant bits as the link in my previous post is iffy.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 1.png
    1.png
    521.7 KB · Views: 6
Anybody that bothers to read the thread and links can see exactly what the facts are and what you were trying to imply .... you were clearly trying to give the impression that the directors split the business to kill the shop and then closed it down out of greed and that clearly is nothing like what happened .... it is in black and white on companies house for all to see.

The shop ran for over 30 years after the split and when it closed it was insolvent and had been for some time if you bother to read the docs on companies house. When a company is insolvent the responsible thing to do is appoint administrators to try to mitigate creditor's loss and the courts won't agree to it unless the company is genuinely insolvent so your suggesting that they split the business to get rid of the shop is just coming across as a very thinly veiled attempt to discredit a very respectable company.

For anybody that can be arsed the administrator's report makes it very clear that the directors had no choice about things .... I've attached the relevant bits as the link in my previous post is iffy.
Right Russ .... firstly this conspiracy theory is yours.
I clearly give the facts.
I HAVE AT NO POINT SAID THAT THEY SPLIT THE BUSINESSES I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THERE WERE TWO COMPANIES THAT SHARED DIRECTORS.
STOP TRYING TO INVENT STUFF.
MOREOVER READ THE THREAD AND VEALS OWN POST FFS.

You don't pay money from one healthy business to one that is beyond help .... and the fact that nobody was interested in even buying the name says just how hopeless things were.

You should probably go back and read your own posts - it is very clear what you are saying.
I bloody hate Veals..... my primary reason it that they shut the tackle shop.... cos it was costing them a few quid to keep it open.

By closing the part of this business that provided a service to anglers face to face you did withdraw from being involved with the angling community.
Could you have kept it open, the answer is yes the VMO business was highly profitable and the directors were directors of both companies so yes you could but you made a conscious decision to terminate you face to face relationship with anglers in favour of a direct relationship with their debit cards.

They were profitable sacked the staff and closed the shop, they opted out of face to face.
So you have two companies who share directors.
One is your customer interface with anglers in a traditional face to face business.
You also have a highly profitable mail order business.
You decide to shut down the face to face business.
So I dont think anyone is thinking that its anything other than a shrewd business decision.

Last edited:
You don't pay money from one healthy business to one that is beyond help .... and the fact that nobody was interested in even buying the name says just how hopeless things were.

You should probably go back and read your own posts - it is very clear what you are saying.
Jeez Russ your grasping now lol.
The whole point is they had a choice, the directors were the same!.
Why are you speaking on their behalf btw
... have you actually discussed it with them?.
Or are you just spouting what you would do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back