• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review WARNING TURKANA LEADS

Have to agree with above. Reading your comments have put me off buying the product……. Shame…. Just so you know that Pete is one of the best anglers i have fished with…. He knows his stuff, might be worth taking his comments onboard and trying to resolve them. Just my thoughts and not getting into a row with anyone on here.

Just for the record I have Never heard about these problems and I can say INEVER EVER pester anyone for feedback …. Keyboard warriors is all I can see …. The Great Danny Moeskops uses the same Turkana leads ….. strange he never has problems ???? I read stories like this al of the time however I never get any complaints first hand … BITTER PEOPLE!!! The are continental leads for continental style fishing so why would anyone be pendulum casting a conti rod???

Well if i can bring them up i will copy and paste all the requests i got to leave feedback for every type of lead i bought and i got quite a few.
No where have i said/mentioned/quoted Pendulum casting so i think a trip to spec Savers is due for you?
If you want me details feel fine to PM ive nothing to hide behind.
Being an Autistic/Asperger's person i tell you how it is have no reason to lie either plus being me i spend a lot more time looking into details and see/pick up things many miss just one of the things we do.
But you have only got Four messages and seemingly hell bent on pinning blame on others without acknowledging any issues at your end and you could do well to learn from others as ie @blakdog he sold me a bearing that it seemed an issue from supplier did he rants n rave/blame anyone else? No he contacted me and as soon as they was replaced he sent me new ones That's service and that is why so many use his services and i don't care if he is charging more or not he stands by his good man.

Your headings for leads is confusing in one hand your saying "Casting" and next only fit for Dabbling over the side! Which is it?
Plus you make leads at 160/170grams odd hardly "Conti Rod" leads.
Maybe should carry a warning sticker? "Only for Choogie Flop sticks" and no overhead casting?

Have to agree with above. Reading your comments have put me off buying the product……. Shame…. Just so you know that Pete is one of the best anglers i have fished with…. He knows his stuff, might be worth taking his comments onboard and trying to resolve them. Just my thoughts and not getting into a row with anyone on here.
Totally agree - I was just about to post similar. I haven't used or seen these leads so have no comment, but Karen's attitude would put me off trying/buying them anyway. Over 1200 members on this forum, all possible potential customers, and Karen is digging herself a hole and doing more harm than good. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Always wary of & dislike websites with no contact details, so in case anybody wants them:

Karen Hancox
Turkana Uk & Ireland
27 Callaways Road
Shipston-on-Stour
Warwickshire
CV36 4EX
United Kingdom
07957 763012

Always wary of & dislike websites with no contact details, so in case anybody wants them:

Karen Hancox
Turkana Uk & Ireland
27 Callaways Road
Shipston-on-Stour
Warwickshire
CV36 4EX
United Kingdom
07957 763012
Can I have her email address instead please so I can hide behind my keyboard..?

Fancy leads? Wil they help us catch what's not there?

I bought a couple of coloured Turkana leads from a well known localish retailer to help with teaching young kids the basics of our sport. They don't seem to stock them any more? Gimmicks come and go IME and coated, coloured leads are perhaps the biggest load of tosh I've ever seen for improving catches fishing my areas for anything but nuisance species like immature and undersized fatties.

Has the fine tackle, small species 'scratching', almost tideless 'Conti' way of fishing evolved into OHThumping with fixed spools and braid for the lazy/lame/previous 'carp puddle' angler perhaps? That's certainly what I seem to see in my area - 3 or even 4 rods per 'angler' on the laziest of marks where they drive up and fish HW only off the concrete sea defences, straight out of the back of their cars! They catch nothing mostly, certainly nothing that great (bar the very occasional fluke fish) yet they buy loads of 'improved' tackle? Isn't that utter bullocks?

Karen Hancox
Turkana Uk & Ireland
27 Callaways Road
Shipston-on-Stour
Warwickshire
CV36 4EX
United Kingdom
07957 763012
Karen Hancox

Karen Hancox​

Business Owner at Turkana Uk & Ireland​

Shipston on Stour, England, United Kingdom12 connections​

Put a decent swivel on so any one with any style can cast them. Or dont put a swivel on the leads at all
So they will take casting out by the likes of Danny but you tell me to change them to a heavier swivel ??…. Defeats the object of using lighter gear for continental fishing ….. I sell thousands and IF people that actually had problems contacted me re the problems and not slag the brand off on the internet … maybe it would give me an idea of weather or not there actually is a problem ….. common courtesy don’t you think??

So they will take casting out by the likes of Danny but you tell me to change them to a heavier swivel ??…. Defeats the object of using lighter gear for continental fishing ….. I sell thousands and IF people that actually had problems contacted me re the problems and not slag the brand off on the internet … maybe it would give me an idea of weather or not there actually is a problem ….. common courtesy don’t you think??
So can you Pendulum Cast them or not?
And what is the Criteria for being able to use them? IE if we can't cast as well/far as Danny does that mean none of us should buy them?

I'm confused. Casting leads. Distance casting. ? But not on a standard uk 2 piece rod?View attachment 27607
I have never said they are not casting leads … the key is in the word Mediterranean… generally with this type of fishing continental rods are used with lighter rigs and lighter baits ….

Okay guys it’s quite clear here we have a little group that are all set on picking fault and dissing the product so I think I’ll leave it here …. I am quite happy to answer questions but it’s very hard when people have no idea of the concept of continental style fishing …… thanks for all of your lovely comments ….. I am fighting a loosing battle here …..B312D363-7642-453E-BC5B-4B325645B313.jpeg

Karen Hancox

Karen Hancox​

Business Owner at Turkana Uk & Ireland​

Shipston on Stour, England, United Kingdom12 connections​

This cuts both ways ….. most on this thread hide behind forum names … with the exception of one who actually sent me private messages ???

Karen
Is this the way you want your business
portrayed ?
I think this aggressive stance doesn’t do you any favours
A coloured lead doesn’t catch fish nor the
shape , good anglers catch fish
I am just trying to defend the product from a group of guys who are hell bent (for some reason I am not really sure of) on dissing the product …. I have seen this before from people who have never bought a thing from me and have a hidden agenda …. Just because I am female doesn’t mean I wont answer back ….. and it’s more a passionate stance for the product than an aggressive one ?

Back