• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

What’s your worst tackle purchase ?

This could be a bit contentious but the blue Diawa 7hts. Only used them on clean ground mainly Chesil, but they just fell to bits. Not well made considering the price, loved the reels but just too many issues!

This could be a bit contentious but the blue Diawa 7hts. Only used them on clean ground mainly Chesil, but they just fell to bits. Not well made considering the price, loved the reels but just too many issues!
even with the pinion sleaves , they cant cope with anything but clean weedfree ground
stick to me fathoms :)

Oh, Abu Griplock, bloody annoying things. They grip alright - usually need to hammer them open with a stone before I can get the reel back 🙄

Btw never bought one new, but four second hand rods I own are ‘blessed’ with the things 🙄
Simple fix is to replace the screw down hood with a genuine Fuji. The copy version on the Griploks are poor and often separate into 2 pieces on the 1st use. Ask a rodbuilder (they tend to hoard old bits off rods they strip for rebuilds) or try H&H/ Guides n Blanks

Drive plate boss?

Simple fix is to replace the screw down hood with a genuine Fuji. The copy version on the Griploks are poor and often separate into 2 pieces on the 1st use. Ask a rodbuilder (they tend to hoard old bits off rods they strip for rebuilds) or try H&H/ Guides n Blanks
It’s a faff though and I have no idea what size the butts are.

They still work just about (with a little help from large stones or the butt of my knife) and when they do give up I’ll probably just get coasters tbh…

Salt tripod for me aswel weighs a ton more working parts than a f15 fighter jet just tosh absulute tosh much prefer my isngolds 7 ft sorry @Trampster i know you like yours but I hate them with a feirce passion 🤬🤬🤬

To be fair tat
Have one of em and a couple of ig 6n7 ft
The salt, even though it’s heavy, is way more stable when fishing the Humber silly tides
Ig for the sand and normal tides tho

Back in the day when I did a serious amount of competition boat angling I purchased a policansky 2b lever drag multiplier, the piggin thing would lock up with any fish over 1 1/2 lbs, sent it back they checked it over said it was sorted, next trip out same again, absolute crap

They still work just about (with a little help from large stones or the butt of my knife) and when they do give up I’ll probably just get coasters tbh…
I have Grip-Loks on all my rods, never had any issues Tats, mind you the are all Genuine Abu ones.. ;)

Ian.

I have Grip-Loks on all my rods, never had any issues Tats, mind you the are all Genuine Abu ones.. ;)

Ian.
Tats? 🤔😂😂

As far as I know they’re originals, they came with the second hand rods. Two of which are Abus 😂😂😂

Oh well if that's a faff and you cant manage to measure an object then carry on 🤣

Mine is a italicann la . probably the most overrated piece of shite iv ever owned. Why . Blank far to thin for a reducer, so you have to put the reel clamp 8 inches up the butt so badly finished eyes don’t match up look up the rod and you’ll think a blind piss one handed chimp have done the rod building, where is mine now, it whent in the garden mulched and best place for it, end of , no one can say it best rod going it’s fucking crap big time
Sweet Jesus I bloody love mine Mike!. The finish has always been a bit shite but the blank is in my opinion perfect!.
Very happy to take it off you for near retail if you want out of it!.

Tats? 🤔😂😂

As far as I know they’re originals, they came with the second hand rods. Two of which are Abus 😂😂😂
Ooops, sorry Mr Fish.. :)

Ian.

Back