• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Wots yer targets for2023

I've only ever set myself four targets and I've done the shore caught common skate, tope and 20lb cod, That still leaves the elusive 10lb shore pollack. After over 1000 fish I'm still stuck on 9lbs and my hopes are beginning to fade a bit.

I can't rest until I catch a measurable bass. I will be near branscombe in Devon in may and will try my luck with big mack baits close in. I've also got some gravity sticks for Christmas and will try them out too somewhere snaggy if I can
You really ought to come out with me mate if the weathers right I’ll find you a bass but it will be on a nighttime flood buddy

9 lb s a cracking pollock from shore mind I guess it’s a numbers game with them plenty of sub 10 s ? Do you float fish live macs for them ???
I use mackerel baited lures and deep spun frozen sandeel. The problem recently is that most of the marks I fish for big pollack have been overrun with spurdogs in the last few years and they are hard to avoid.

I use mackerel baited lures and deep spun frozen sandeel. The problem recently is that most of the marks I fish for big pollack have been overrun with spurdogs in the last few years and they are hard to avoid.
My mates done a skate trip to Oban and we’re shocked at the amount of spur dogs the only chance you had of getting thru them was baited large Hokies and even then 9 times out of ten you’d end up with one 😳

So wot are you targets for 2023 I feel like 2022 was a good year anglering related Norway was a high light bit of an obsession with halibuts now mind 😍 but overall the sea fishing I found great smashed my pb plaice which orso won me £80 in a comp caught plenty of species 33 in total but dii I didn’t put 3 in the species comp had my first sea trout sussed bass fishing had around 15 found it’s more about conditions than any thing else . Finished 3 rd in overall club shore comp whould have been second but missed an important one my fault 🤦‍♂️. But still love our comps and some real interesting venues next year . Got a bit of a thing for slow jigging off boats so will be pursuing that next year . But if I’m honest apart from haveing a another good run in our club comps (I want that top spot ) my main target this year is to get my first shore double still havnt managed it yet whould love to get one from my local east Devon beach but might have to look further Afeild to start lots of Beach and boat fishing to look forward too next year with the slapton open the first big comp in January to look forward to . So Wots yer targets and wot was your best catch’s of this year ms butes . 👍👍View attachment 37499View attachment 37500View attachment 37501View attachment 37502View attachment 37503View attachment 37504View attachment 37505View attachment 37506View attachment 37507
Great reports and lovely photos there Tats! Some Fabulous Fishies. 🎣🎣👍👍

Just being well enough & warm enough to get out more would be an improvement for me. Only fish to catch to eat, so always glad of a few Macker, and would like to catch a Brace of Plaice! 😁😁

Great reports and lovely photos there Tats! Some Fabulous Fishies. 🎣🎣👍👍

Just being well enough & warm enough to get out more would be an improvement for me. Only fish to catch to eat, so always glad of a few Macker, and would like to catch a Brace of Plaice! 😁😁
You’d have to get up chisel for that your neck of the woods hasn’t produced last few yrs on the plaice front you should do a road trip with Mitchell next year bey find you some decent fish 👍👍👍👍

Back