• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Wots yer targets for2023

Well, I caught a load of fish in 2022, but nothing notable, no double Bass, no plaice over 4lb, and no Pollock over 12lb. Looking at my records for the year, we caught 194 Bass, and 267 Plaice. TBF, I am out there pretty much every doable day, last year I used 1,101L of fuel in the boat.

This year I would be happy with fewer fish if they are more sizable, however, last year I did catch loads of Bass to 8lb, Plaice to almost 4lb, many Pollock, the majority of which were high singles, a few Turbo's to 5lb, and heaps of other stuff, so I am being picky moaning, but it would be nice to see a Double Bass, and a Pollock of 20lb plus.

Last edited:
Easy, all you need is good weather to get out on the wrecks at the RIGHT TIME of the year, the window for them is quite small.

However, they do taste nice
Lol I know where and I know when, I have had them six feet from being landed, my mates have caught them next to me on my boat...... the fecking things are laughing at me!!!

I have a plan!

TBF, I usually catch them when I am not fishing for them !

A couple of years ago, I drifted a wreck and allowed the drift to continue, and put the rod in a holder whilst I set up another rod. I was drifting at 1Knt, so I must have been a fair way off the wreck (1/4 mile) when the Red Gill was grabbed by a JD. I had 3 others by doing the same thing.

This year, a wreck Bass (Stone Bass) would be nice, but that is a massive ask. I have only seen 2 caught in UK waters in 50 years

Back