• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zziplex is back ?

Penny pinching on such top end blanks šŸ˜’
True mate, but would it cost so much more just to put some high build over the decals. :rolleyes:

Ian.

My century TT's and T900's only have century engraved on the stainless bands with the serial numbers being just above the shrink tube whipping and above the spigot whipping so assume that are put on a the same time and both are covered in high build.

My century TT's and T900's only have century engraved on the stainless bands with the serial numbers being just above the shrink tube whipping and above the spigot whipping so assume that are put on a the same time and both are covered in high build.
I think you will find Century screen print their decals, so are covered in varnish.

For zziplex it's an adhesive decal and stuck to the blank.

Ian.

Sorry Ian, I was referring to the Century screen printed decals as well as the cheap tat Zziplex stickers. Both are unprotected. Both are premium products. All of their rods and blanks should have resin coats imo
No worries Tops, but you are right, when paying north of Ā£500 for a rod, you would expect the decals/screen print to have some protection wouldn't you.

I mean, the guides have the high build/resin applied manually, so why not move along to the decal/screen print for feck sake, as Stan stated, another 5 minutes that's all. :(

Ian.

Maybe itā€™s to stop your butt splitting openā€¦šŸ‘
Which is fine unless you pack the ring out with masking tape. Kinda defeats the object and just a bit galling.

I think if I get another one it'll be a blank and sent off to be made up. Dance maybe.
The mechanics of the rod are fine and with the carbon tip works well in our fast flowing estuary.

Which is fine unless you pack the ring out with masking tape. Kinda defeats the object and just a bit galling.

I think if I get another one it'll be a blank and sent off to be made up. Dance maybe.
The mechanics of the rod are fine and with the carbon tip works well in our fast flowing estuary.
Checked the metal trim bands on all three of my Century built Profile GT's, and they are all as tight as a Nuns chuff.
Your one is probably a one off mate, but not good to be honest.

Ian.

Nope, I stuck mainly with Conoflex, Harrison, Century, Pacbay, American tackle and zzipy if somebody gave me the blank. Some of the Chinese stuff coming out before I retired was excellent. On big game stand up and trolling even Conoflex could not match them for the price. Pacbay and AT stand up and tuna blanks were all on blanks made in China and they were superb, as were the alloy butts and reel seats.

I don`t fish much these days as circulation bother in the legs (smoking) but I do have me trout rod still and get the occasional day on the river. I had the choice of almost any fly blank in the world trade, Sage, Hardy (shite), Thomas and Thomas, CND, Harrison etc etc. My own fly rod is on a Bloke blank, made in China and I could not better it for action weight and feel. The expensive fly rods in the several hundreds are a rip off, I know that one well known fly rod manufacturer across the pond charges over a grand for a rod that is made far east and can be bought in batches of 50 trade at just over a $100
I brought a Danish (A Jenson) fly rod, powerful and fast action. Not cheap but a nice rod to fish with.

Checked the metal trim bands on all three of my Century built Profile GT's, and they are all as tight as a Nuns chuff.
Your one is probably a one off mate, but not good to be honest.

Ian.
going by the batch number< compared to the one you showed, first batch I think.

Back