• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Another shopping spree....

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just been into the "Last Cast Saloon" here in Gosport, came away with one of the New Anyfish Anywhere Match Pro MK2's, had a good waggle, much lighter than i thought it would be, not overly stiff either, not like the Tournament Match pro mk2. Will be giving it a thrash over the next few days. If I like it, then will be getting another one for sure. And the best thing was the price, £475.00, big thankyou to JJ at "Last Cast Saloon", what a top bloke. Tight Lines.

Ian.

AFAW Match Pro MK2.jpgAFAW Match Pro MK2.jpg

Tight lines for when you use it mate🎣
Thanks Wolf.. Great price, considering VMO, the robbing gits want £525 for them, and i wont accept the "big overheads" argument. :( My cash is going to my local tackle shop every time now. 🎣

Ian.

Abu Grip-Lok reel seat fitted and Gemini tip tape applied, now to buy a second Match Pro MK2... ;)

Ian.

And then there were two. Just picked up another Match Pro MK2 from JJ at the "Last cast Saloon", what a gent... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

AFAW 1.jpg

Last edited:
Right, that's me done, i am not that's "not" going to be spending any more money on gear... Honest. ;)

Ian.

Right, that's me done, i am not that's "not" going to be spending any more money on gear... Honest. ;)

Ian.
Tomorrows another day, seen any gear you fancy? ;):unsure::ROFLMAO:

What i must mention though, i did buy the new AFAW Pro rod holdall, :D feckin £100, but it is very good, holds loads of gear....(y)
Got my Igloo Mk2, both the Match Pro Mk2's, would get three inside easily and will take two rod rests on the ouside.

Ian.

20230626_223236.jpg

Last edited:
£100 seems a lot for what looks like a fairly somple quiver that doesn't protect your rod tips. I guess if you've got to carry a beach bivvy then you've got more than your hands can manage. Never been a fan of the kitchen sink/base camp approach myself but each to their own of course👍Less is more for me as I like to be as mobile as possible. I also wade a lot, often fishing LW up, as that's required by the terrain I'm on/dictated by the feeding patterns of the fish here.

Last edited:
Yes it is a lot of money, but each to there own as you said. The holdall comes with its own separate 18" rod tip sock, in my pic its on the rod tips. ;)

Ian.

Back