• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Another shopping spree....

What i must mention though, i did buy the new AFAW Pro rod holdall, :D feckin £100, but it is very good, holds loads of gear....(y)
Got my Igloo Mk2, both the Match Pro Mk2's, would get three inside easily and will take two rod rests on the ouside.

Ian.

View attachment 47114
You can fit four in I managed two match pros and two t900’s as well as my fr shelter folded in half plus me rod rest 😉 good job the strap is well padded and bloody comfy to carry. Apparently I paid 50 notes for it but less they know 😂

You can fit four in I managed two match pros and two t900’s as well as my fr shelter folded in half plus me rod rest 😉 good job the strap is well padded and bloody comfy to carry. Apparently I paid 50 notes for it but less they know 😂
I wont tell if you don't mate... ;)

Ian.

I only have one gripe with the AFAW Pro series holdall, according to JS, it is well balanced, that it may be, but not for the vertically challenged like myself, with the Igloo, two rods and a tripod packed in, and me being 5' 8", it nearly drags the ground. Personally think the strap could be a few inches higher :( Not all anglers are 6'+. ;)

Ian.

Last edited:
I only have one gripe with the AFAW Pro series holdall, according to JS, it is well balanced, that it may be, but not for the vertically challenged like myself, with the Igloo, two rods and a tripod packed in, and me being 5' 8", it nearly drags the ground. Personally think the strap could be a few inches higher :( Not all anglers are 6'+. ;)

Ian.
Fek me you could use it as a sleeping bag being a short arse makes it even better value for money having duel use. Empty your kit out crawl in and go kip it the fishing is shite👍

Fek me you could use it as a sleeping bag being a short arse makes it even better value for money having duel use. Empty your kit out crawl in and go kip it the fishing is shite👍
Careful, that was almost funny.

Ian.

Well, having said i would not buy anymore tackle, i have broken my vows. :( Been looking for a pair of Reels for when more winching power is required, it was a toss up between Penn Fathom II SD15's or Casting specials, well the CS's won the day, having broken one vow, i have now broken another, to buy as much as possible from my local tackle shop. I ended up ordering the pair of CS's online from NETS, had the reels at £135.99, and with a voucher reduced to £129.19 each, so it was a no brainer. So the pair have cost me £258.38. :) Sorry local tackle shop, but they couldn't get anywhere near that.

I had there last two. :D

Ian.

Last edited:
Reels will be here on Monday, along with a half kilo spool of Asso Ultra Cast 20lb 0.36 line. :)

Ian.

I always use my local tackle shop where possible
I do as well, but there are times when you cant pass up an online deal, as with the two Penn Fathom II Casting Specials i have ordered, my local tackle shop just couldn't compete unfortunately. :(

Ian.

What i must mention though, i did buy the new AFAW Pro rod holdall, :D feckin £100, but it is very good, holds loads of gear....(y)
Got my Igloo Mk2, both the Match Pro Mk2's, would get three inside easily and will take two rod rests on the ouside.

Ian.

View attachment 47114
I returned my AFAW quiver.
2 hours in rain and it soaked the water up like a sponge. Ended up weighing a ton.
Could just be me being unlucky but glad i got my money back on it.
Bought the century and not looked back.

Well the Fathom II Casting specials arrived today, but the spool of Asso Ultra cast 20lb 0.36 didn't, fecking Royal fail, even had a text to say they would be delivering today, a no show. :mad:
Just waiting on the Paddle handles from Russ (Blakdog tackle) to arrive now. :) Hate the handles they come with, changed all my Fathom II 12SD's to the Paddle ones from Russ.

Ian.

If you want to move your FTH handles on I would be interested Winger😉
I have five of them mate, do you want them all ? Will do them for £10 each, they are £19 each to buy from Russ (Blakdog), and mine have never been used, changed them when i got the reels.

Ian.

Last edited:
It had to be done ,, I totally blame ian buying this and that
Nice one Mike, so good to see you in better health, and your lovely wife getting better each day mate. Get back on that beach with a great new rod as well, did you get the LA from Breakaway Mike, think they are the main dealers are they not, or did you source it somewhere else. ?

Is what Pete said about them true, finish and fittings not the best, but a great blank ?. I must resist buying one though... :)

Ian.

Back