• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Another shopping spree....

Fed Ex took over TNT.And TNT(Fed Ex) haven't been the same since according to the drivers I have spoken to.Was with TNT until retired in 2014.
At least it's better than Yodel

Most of them are better than Yodel.Even Evri round here.
I remember when Evri were Hermes, either stuff/goods were either damaged or missing. Someone has turned them round since changing to Evri, far better than Royal Mail at the mo. UPS appear reliable as is DPD, however things may change.

Very nice! 😎 noticed you’d bought the AFAW holdall too, how you finding it? I’m after a new holdall myself and had mentioned this one to a friend who reckons they’re heavy?

Very nice! 😎 noticed you’d bought the AFAW holdall too, how you finding it? I’m after a new holdall myself and had mentioned this one to a friend who reckons they’re heavy?
Hi Kev, the holdall is well made, lots of space too. But for me, being only 5' 8" when i had my Igloo, two rods in bags and my tripod in it, when over my shoulder it was nearly touching the ground, and the padded shoulder strap is very wide, and slips off of my shoulder, and not very well balanced. Ok for those of a larger stature, with wide shoulders. ;) I wasted £100 in my opinion, i have gone back to my VMO holdall, better balanced and still get all my gear in it.

Ian.

Hi Kev, the holdall is well made, lots of space too. But for me, being only 5' 8" when i had my Igloo, two rods in bags and my tripod in it, when over my shoulder it was nearly touching the ground, and the padded shoulder strap is very wide, and slips off of my shoulder, and not very well balanced. Ok for those of a larger stature, with wide shoulders. ;) I wasted £100 in my opinion, i have gone back to my VMO holdall, better balanced and still get all my gear in it.

Ian.
Cheers for that Ian.

The VMO one is another I’ve looked at as you can also purchase the hood should you wish to help protect the tips which i quite like the idea of. The VMO one looks well thought out too to be fair and a decent price.

I have three VMO ones Kev, and they are good quality, and as you said, well thought out, get one, you wont regret it IMO. (y)

Ian.

Looks like the VMO holdall's are out of stock at the moment Kev. :(

Ian.

Is it that comp & specimen version you have? Seen a cheaper easy carry option too.
Yes my ones are the Comp and Specimen ones Kev, not the easy carry one. (y)

Ian.

One of the best holdall's i ever had and used was the Mustad one, excellent bit of kit.

Ian.

Back