• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Another shopping spree....

Mike, I don't mind you blaming me for getting you buying a few bits, :D , but now you have me thinking "do i need a Vector LA, hmmm. 🤣🤣

Let me know how you get on with it Mike. Surely you would want a pair....;)

Ian.

Nice one Mike, so good to see you in better health, and your lovely wife getting better each day mate. Get back on that beach with a great new rod as well, did you get the LA from Breakaway Mike, think they are the main dealers are they not, or did you source it somewhere else. ?

Is what Pete said about them true, finish and fittings not the best, but a great blank ?. I must resist buying one though... :)

Ian.
Yes got it from breakaway, the fitting are completely sh¥t , need to spend £30-40 on it make it look good, needs shrink rap and a movable reel seat , been down the beach with it earlier and it casts beautifully nice rod , the blank isn’t varnished but I’m happy with it

Yes got it from breakaway, the fitting are completely sh¥t , need to spend £30-40 on it make it look good, needs shrink rap and a movable reel seat , been down the beach with it earlier and it casts beautifully nice rod , the blank isn’t varnished but I’m happy with it
What length are they Mike ?

Ian.

What length are they Mike ?

Ian.
14 foot , very light , picks up a 5oz lead really sweet, just a massive shame about the fittings , so I’ll have a look on russ’s web site for shrink tube and movable reel seat , now what colour shrink tube 😵‍💫

14 foot , very light , picks up a 5oz lead really sweet, just a massive shame about the fittings , so I’ll have a look on russ’s web site for shrink tube and movable reel seat , now what colour shrink tube 😵‍💫
If it were me Mike, i would have bought the blank and had it built to my specs..;)

Noooo, i don't need another rod. 🤣

Ian.

If it were me Mike, i would have bought the blank and had it built to my specs..;)

Noooo, i don't need another rod. 🤣

Ian.
It did cross my mind, a LA passed though my hands a few years ago and that one had shrink tube a a reel seat fitted so I thought this would be the same silly me. ,, and no only one rod i need I’m not going to get another matching one been there before ended up having a shed full of em and in the loft , this time just one to match up with my conoflex and I’m happy 😃

It did cross my mind, a LA passed though my hands a few years ago and that one had shrink tube a a reel seat fitted so I thought this would be the same silly me. ,, and no only one rod i need I’m not going to get another matching one been there before ended up having a shed full of em and in the loft , this time just one to match up with my conoflex and I’m happy 😃
So Mike, a rod that costs £540 doesn't come with shrink tube or reel seat fitted, feck me... :(

Ian.

I have five of them mate, do you want them all ? Will do them for £10 each, they are £19 each to buy from Russ (Blakdog), and mine have never been used, changed them when i got the reels.

Ian.
Certainly be interested in a couple mate. What is the slot size? I'm hoping they'll fit the Mk 1 535s....

Certainly be interested in a couple mate. What is the slot size? I'm hoping they'll fit the Mk 1 535s....
Handle aperture size is 6.1 x 6.2mm.

Ian.

Well my half kilo spool of Asso ultra cast 20lb 0.36 line arrived today :) now i can spool the casting specials up, just the paddle handles to come now. ;)

Ian.

Good choice mike have had mine four years, we all have a pair and love them. The best five oz rod ever made in our opinions

Good choice mike have had mine four years, we all have a pair and love them. The best five oz rod ever made in our opinions
I don't have a pair Pete.. ;)

Ian.

I don't have a pair Pete.. ;)

Ian.
They are out of production now.... But without any shadow of a doubt us oldies can keep up with the spring chickens using them.
Mike is right though the first thing you have to do is sort out the shrink. The finish looks pants but after four years on the beach mine are still sound.

So i take it Breakaway Tackle must be the only place that has the LA's then, either ready built or blank. Are they the sole importers, or were as like Pete said, no longer in production. ?

Ian.

So i take it Breakaway Tackle must be the only place that has the LA's then, either ready built or blank. Are they the sole importers, or were as like Pete said, no longer in production. ?

Ian.
Ian I spent a whole day searching the internet for them , the only other. Place is in France , so it looks like breakaway , very quick delivery from them , iv put new shrink and sliding reel seat on mine and it smartens it up a treat , will be out with it Monday or Tuesday

Ian.
The LA stands for Lee Adams who developed it with Italcanna, unfortunately he passed away last year.
The other thing is its a five year old design now and I guess things move on. You know what the tackle industry is like quite happy to keep developing even when people say feck me thats good the keep on going!.

The LA stands for Lee Adams who developed it with Italcanna, unfortunately he passed away last year.
The other thing is its a five year old design now and I guess things move on. You know what the tackle industry is like quite happy to keep developing even when people say feck me thats good the keep on going!.
Yes if i remember rightly, there is a couple of pics of him on the Breakaway site, holding an LA.

Ian.

Well, the Paddle handles have finally arrived thank you Russ (Blakdog Tackle), it has only taken Royal fail 2 weeks to deliver them. :mad:
Reels now spooled up with the Asso 20lb 0.36 line and 60lb Asso tapered leaders. Now to give them a thrash. :)

Ian.

20230721_181359.jpg
20230721_181348.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a pair of the Tidal XR's (red 300gm) couple weeks back, then last week Veals had a sale so I bought a pair of the Tronixpro Blaze MXIV's as well. finally got out to try the XR's , pretty pokey for a conti style rod, well suited to heavier FS fishing, srtill waiting for the MXIV's to arrive, being messed around by Fed Ex - one minute there out for delivery then demoted to pending !

I use Multiplier reels on my Penn XR's, works fine for strong tides and roughish seas.

Back