• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cheap multiplier under £100

In principle you are correct only trouble is with second hand is invariably they have to be distance bought through flea bay or similar and I've had a couple of dogs off there so it's a bit of a lottery at times.
You missed out really ... Fathom II 12SD was going for £99 new at Veals a few weeks back.

The akios reels look remarkably similar to Abu inside and out🤔I had a series of newer Abu 6500's a few years back but they seemed less robust than the older versions.

The akios reels look remarkably similar to Abu inside and out🤔I had a series of newer Abu 6500's a few years back but they seemed less robust than the older versions.
I have the older versions of Abu multies, cleaned and oiled after each fishing trip, works a dream as do my TFGear multies. (y)

I know nothing about Multipliers - I don't use them, but I did spot an Ambassadeur C7001 for sale down here a day or so ago.
As new, unused, LH Wind. £50. Guess since it's got Level wind, it would be best as a Boat reel. Just in case someone is interested.

I know nothing about Multipliers - I don't use them, but I did spot an Ambassadeur C7001 for sale down here a day or so ago.
As new, unused, LH Wind. £50. Guess since it's got Level wind, it would be best as a Boat reel. Just in case someone is interested.

All of my multies are R Handed or I would be interested sorry Tramps.

Last edited:

Just what I was looking for a few years ago for boat fishing. At the time I couldn’t find a second hand one LH wind and couldn’t justify new.
Now I don’t know if I will ever get the chance to boat fish again…

Cruelty to Reels comes to mind.. 🤣

Ian.

Lesser reels would be dead. Nothing wrong with the black 7hts. Bit pedestrian on the retrieve as are almost all takes on the 'round baitcaster' ABU clones, but they have stood the test of time. Certainly for clean ground. I much prefer the blue 7ht Mags. If there was one reel I had to rely on it would be my mk1 525s, but then I've had a long time getting to know them and what ain't broke don't need fixing etc etc

Lesser reels would be dead. Nothing wrong with the black 7hts. Bit pedestrian on the retrieve as are almost all takes on the 'round baitcaster' ABU clones, but they have stood the test of time. Certainly for clean ground. I much prefer the blue 7ht Mags. If there was one reel I had to rely on it would be my mk1 525s, but then I've had a long time getting to know them and what ain't broke don't need fixing etc etc
I’ve got 7 mk1 penns. Three of them are virtually unused. I bought them for when the current ones break and that’s yet to happen. I’ll be ok into my seventies I reckon.

Back