• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Cormoran Beach Pod X-treme

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just placed an order for a Cormoran Beach Pod X-treme, having been after a decent tripod for three rods for a while now, i saw one of these in last months Sea Angler, (no, not a biased review) but an angler using one in a night fishing article, and i thought thats what i have been looking for, so have placed an order. Expensive, yes, but it's my money. ;)

Will give my thoughts once i have it and used it. :)

Ian.

Just placed an order for a Cormoran Beach Pod X-treme, having been after a decent tripod for three rods for a while now, i saw one of these in last months Sea Angler, (no, not a biased review) but an angler using one in a night fishing article, and i thought thats what i have been looking for, so have placed an order. Expensive, yes, but it's my money. ;)

Ian.
Nice bit of kit Ian, if a bit expensive.
If you're using 3 beachcasters, as you said, there's not much about.
Doesn't say on the website the height of it?
I know a few guys who fish with two beach rods & a Bass rod, and they've fixed a bit of 40mm plastic pipe to the centre leg of a tripod to stick the Bass rod in. 👍👍

Looks like it will extend to a fair height, and looks well made, better be for this kind of cash. :)
Couple of pics of the tripod in question being used. Took a lot of internet scouring to locate one, i believe they are Dutch made but could be wrong.

Tripod.jpgTripod 1.jpg

Ian.

It certainly looks alright, hope you get on with it.

Not for me as I don’t use three rods lol. Partly because I find it’s more than I want to focus on but also for any fish to be eligible for club awards you have to fish with a maximum of two rods, three hooks, though they count pennells as one. Which is slightly odd logic I realise but it’s one bait effectively.

Ian.
What does it weigh mate?

What does it weigh mate?
No idea Pete, no mention of weight in the product description, but being tubular ali and looks to be quite compact when folded down, i would imagine not that heavy, but looks very sturdy to me.

Ian.

Nice piece of kit.I got these.
Yeh, tried these from VMO, they go on any of there v-shape tripods, which i have, but very clunky and don't fold down, you have to remove the whole thing, right pain.

Screenshot 2023-03-17 194735.jpg

Ian.

These are handy to put in your box or rucksack.Click on to either leg.This is what is fitted to the trace bar.
!CCdvCHwEWk~$(KGrHqV,!lcEz+7Zsi4FBNLNDB0oDw~~_57.JPG

Last edited:
Just to add, as i said i saw the tripod in an article in Sea Angler,( i know most people mock it) but it gives me a read, i emailed the editor, who i must add wrote the article to enquire as to where i might be able to purchase one, didn't have the decency to reply.

Ian.

No idea Pete, no mention of weight in the product description, but being tubular ali and looks to be quite compact when folded down, i would imagine not that heavy, but looks very sturdy to me.

Ian.
I would be interested in the weight, its quite easy to build a tripod like the rock of Gibraltar...... but no fun shifting it across half a mile of shingle.
So would be really interested in the weight if you would be kind enough to let me know.

Did you buy it from fishdeal,if so it will be coming from The Netherlands.
Yes, it's from Fishdeal.co.uk, 3-5 day delivery they say.

Ian.

I would be interested in the weight, its quite easy to build a tripod like the rock of Gibraltar...... but no fun shifting it across half a mile of shingle.
So would be really interested in the weight if you would be kind enough to let me know.
When i receive it Pete, i will weigh it and let you know mate. ;)

Ian.

Says UK but they are in The Netherlands.I won a rod off them in a draw worth £280.00.Nice piece of kit for lrf.
Had a feeling there warehouse was in the Netherlands, i believe Cormoran are a Dutch company. ?

Ian.

Back