• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Cormoran Beach Pod X-treme

Cormoran Beach Pod X-treme​

I have one similar to the one you have bought but it has only 2 sets of cups not 3.Packs down to a compact size.Not used it for years.Got it from Fishing Republic years ago.Comes in it's own carry bag.Very sturdy.

Last edited:
Apparently the tripod weighs 2.5kg, and extends to 1.8m. So not very heavy at all me thinks.

Ian.
Hi Ian
That 5.5lb and that seems like a lota weight.
I will weigh my 7ft golds tomo and see what that weighs with all the "bits" on it with the long top bar set up for 3 rods

Hi Ian
That 5.5lb and that seems like a lota weight.
I will weigh my 7ft golds tomo and see what that weighs with all the "bits" on it with the long top bar set up for 3 rods
Just weighed my VMO tripod with the three head and cup setup, 1.9kg, so i am inclined to think 2.5kg must be wrong, wont no for sure until i get the new one though. Watch this space.

Ian.

Those legs on the Cormoran are very wide and sturdy,very thick aluminium.2.5kg will be about right.I'll dig mine out and weigh it.
I can live with 2.5kg, i just like the fact it packs down to a compact size, unlike my VMO. :)

Ian.

I can live with 2.5kg, i just like the fact it packs down to a compact size, unlike my VMO. :)

Ian.
Ian your needs and my needs are pretty different, I need to carry it half a mile across shingle then up cogden hill.
Down your way its a couple hundred yards....

Ian your needs and my needs are pretty different, I need to carry it half a mile across shingle then up cogden hill.
Down your way its a couple hundred yards....
If I lived down there still, I would have a bigaloo, 3 rods n reels, cooking gear the fecking lot.
Down here you just work out the minimum kit for minimum weight.

Just weighed my VMO tripod with the three head and cup setup, 1.9kg, so i am inclined to think 2.5kg must be wrong, wont no for sure until i get the new one though. Watch this space.

Ian.
If you Google "Cormoran beach pod X-treme" there are quite a few stores in the EU selling it.

Amazon.de (Germany) have some, and there is some more information & reviews on there. Weight is quoted as 2Kg.
I don't think they don't dispatch to the UK, but the info is helpful.

If you Google "Cormoran beach pod X-treme" there are quite a few stores in the EU selling it.

Amazon.de (Germany) have some, and there is some more information & reviews on there. Weight is quoted as 2Kg.
I don't think they don't dispatch to the UK, but the info is helpful.

Thanks Tramps, i got the 2.5kg from another foreign website, so conflicting info it seems, will just wait till it arrives and weigh it, will know for definite then wont we. ;)

Ian.

Cormoran are a German tackle company, so should be good quality. Found there catalogue online, but no mention of the weight.

Ian.

Tripod has cleared Customs in the Netherlands, DPD should deliver in next couple of days. :)

Ian.

Back