• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Cormoran Beach Pod X-treme

My ancient Dave Docwra tripod weighs 1285 g. No telescopic stuff and as basic as it gets. Might be nice to have a tripod that packs down smaller but the rods I use are longer than the tripod so I'm happy to put up with that disadvantage.

My ancient Dave Docwra tripod weighs 1285 g. No telescopic stuff and as basic as it gets. Might be nice to have a tripod that packs down smaller but the rods I use are longer than the tripod so I'm happy to put up with that disadvantage.
Same here John..... my 30 year old parker goes down in the summer

Love my Shakespeare salt tripod - a bit heavy at 2.7Kg, but I've usually got it on wheels anyway.

368.jpg

I don't use it these days Tony.(y)

@tdxs133pm So, how long have you had the Westin rod you won mate. ?

Ian.

DPD delivering the Cormoran tomorrow morning. :)

Ian.

First thing I will do is weigh the thing, conflicting info about how much they do or don't weigh, be interesting to see though.

Ian.

Tidy Shakespeare Salt tripod & rod quiver for sale here on Gumtree today - £30 for the Tripod & £10 for the quiver, seems fair enough to me.
Already have both.

Bargain if in decent nick 👍
Looked Tidy - I would have been interested if I hadn't already got both.
Daiwa Sandstorm & 3 headtorches for sale also.

John has got 3 Sonik rods up for sale too.

Tripod is here. First thing it weighs roughly 2.3kg, so not overly heavy, very well made, but you expect that from the Germans. Seems very sturdy to me, and packs down quite compact and goes in a nylon bag. Initial thoughts, very nice indeed.

Will have a better idea once i get to use it.

Ian.

C1.jpgC2.jpgC3.jpgC4.jpgC5.jpg

Tripod is here. First thing it weighs roughly 2.3kg, so not overly heavy, very well made, but you expect that from the Germans. Seems very sturdy to me, and packs down quite compact and goes in a nylon bag. Initial thoughts, very nice indeed.

Will have a better idea once i get to use it.

Ian.

View attachment 41961View attachment 41962View attachment 41963View attachment 41964View attachment 41965
Loks a fairly sturdy bit of kit Ian, quite impressed. 👍👍
400gms (or 1Lb in old money!) lighter than my Salt.
Wondering what height it goes up to? I find the Salt handy if there is a lot of weed about as the 7ft height means you can get your rod tips above the waves, especially with Conti Rods.

It's also inpired me a bit - wouldn't take much to get another cup & 'V' rest (or even 2) and screw into the existing Salt bars!

Loks a fairly sturdy bit of kit Ian, quite impressed. 👍👍
400gms (or 1Lb in old money!) lighter than my Salt.
Wondering what height it goes up to? I find the Salt handy if there is a lot of weed about as the 7ft height means you can get your rod tips above the waves, especially with Conti Rods.

It's also inpired me a bit - wouldn't take much to get another cup & 'V' rest (or even 2) and screw into the existing Salt bars!
Extends to 1.8m, more than enough for me. The centre column that holds the heads also slides up and down, another good feature.
Quality bit of kit in my opinion.

Ian.

One thing that I really like is that you can adjust the angle of both the heads and cups, very neat. ;)

Ian.

Back