• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Cormoran Beach Pod X-treme

Do i think it was worth £105, in my opinion it is, if you want quality you have to pay. I expect many will think its far too expensive for a beach tripod.

Ian.

Yes, but mines better than yours. :)
Yep! Have to agree with you there.But mine's alot older than yours and I only paid £25.00 for mine.Things have moved on since I bought mine.Cannot remember the last time I used it.
I now use this when I am able to get out.Similar to the Shaky Salt but lighter.

Last edited:
Don't think you will be disappointed Pete. (y)

Ian.
Actually Ian I wont be disappointed because it may not look like it does in the pic a couple of days after it arrives, I am after the top and bottom bars. If I can switch it out to 7ft ali bar and give it a 1kg weight loss then thats whats going to happen, everyone may think thats wasteful but remember that rest will do 100s of trips so it is what it is.

Actually Ian I wont be disappointed because it may not look like it does in the pic a couple of days after it arrives, I am after the top and bottom bars. If I can switch it out to 7ft ali bar and give it a 1kg weight loss then thats whats going to happen, everyone may think thats wasteful but remember that rest will do 100s of trips so it is what it is.
I look forward to seeing the finished article Pete.

Ian.

Do i think it was worth £105, in my opinion it is, if you want quality you have to pay. I expect many will think its far too expensive for a beach tripod.

Ian.
It looks decent mate. Too heavy/bulky for me but if you don’t need to hike a long way or climb awkward terrain, it should be ideal

Ian.
As with a lot of things, price is relevant to quality and to how much use you are going to get out of it.

I splashed out and bought a DeWalt cordless drill, purely because of the quality. I've had it over 20 years and it's still working as good as new.

I fully understand that certain Anglers on here fish often, and for them it is worth spending £100's of pounds on quality gear, but because I can't get out very often, I can't justify it. 2 good continental rods, 2 good reels and my tripod have cost me about £150.

As with a lot of things, price is relevant to quality and to how much use you are going to get out of it.

I splashed out and bought a DeWalt cordless drill, purely because of the quality. I've had it over 20 years and it's still working as good as new.

I fully understand that certain Anglers on here fish often, and for them it is worth spending £100's of pounds on quality gear, but because I can't get out very often, I can't justify it. 2 good continental rods, 2 good reels and my tripod have cost me about £150.
It absolutely not about what you spend, or what you do with it or even how much you need it, its simply a choice.
The fish dont give a feck.

View attachment 41874
View attachment 41875

Mine weighs 2.8kgs. including the carry bag.
Apart from the top being completely different, the cups being completely different the hinges being completely different and yours definitely only being two cups when the whole reason for Ians purchase being its got three cups its almost identical! Well spotted ;-)

Your Cormoran turned up yet Pete ?

Ian.

Your Cormoran turned up yet Pete ?

Ian.
Yep..... not got to it yet its in a pile of naughty purchases from this week.
Reels, lures for norway, spring waterproof goretex trousers, the rod rest and two other little packages that I dont remember what I bought.
This is the problem of getting a bonus and sitting on a train for 4 hours, I have also visited the Italcanna website in Italy and that was expensive!

Yep..... not got to it yet its in a pile of naughty purchases from this week.
Reels, lures for norway, spring waterproof goretex trousers, the rod rest and two other little packages that I dont remember what I bought.
This is the problem of getting a bonus and sitting on a train for 4 hours, I have also visited the Italcanna website in Italy and that was expensive!
Who's been a naughty boy then, hope you treated the Mrs as well. :)

Ian.

Back