• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Crackdown on overfishing and antisocial behaviour.

Bloody pickpockets more like. :mad:

Ian.

Think we need to get back on topic, sorry for derailing your thread OP. :)

Ian.

Paid to do what, leave there crap everywhere....

Ian.
A friend of mine lives very close to Brixham Breakwater and walks his dogs to Berry Head every day, he sees the same people carrying bags and buckets of fish, all sorts up to a van which takes everything, in exchange for cash or food. He reckons some of them are there for a week at a time. The same is happening at West Bexington, seen it myself but there it tends to be Orientals or Asians. If some of their catch looks a bit old it's rejected and thrown away.

Lets see if the crackdown is just rhetoric or will it actually happen?

Apparently the, the local neighbourhood cuntstabulary has been giving them plenty of shit and dishing out £100 fines ......... yesssss

Traditionally’ Hopes Nose was EE but might well have other flavours now!

Now it is 50/50 between EE and look-a-likes.

Again, the local cuntstabulary has been getting some exercise and giving them plenty of shite, but I see that a good few of them now use Long Quarry (on the flat section, Babbacombe side), but it will only be a matter of time before some fecker breaks his neck going down there.

I might take a trip to the Skerries on Tuesday, and I will pass both the Nose and Berry Head on the way, so will be able to judge if there has been action by the amount of people fluff chuck'in.

Regardless of how we feel about the obscene amount of fish taken and possibly wasted, how does it compare to real commercial fishing? I don't fish for bass so I don't know about the limit, is it still 2 sizeable fish? Does that limit apply to commercial line fishermen or just recreational? I've seen boat reports of large catches of various species, is that much different? It seems that commonsense has gone out the window and greed is the order of the day. I've seen ridiculous bags of macks taken by all sorts over the years but now it seems that foreigners and an organised chain is stripping what we have left. I'm surprised the illegal dinghy mob haven't taken to dragging feathers on the way over, or are the Border Force and lifeboats too fast for that?

A friend of mine lives very close to Brixham Breakwater and walks his dogs to Berry Head every day, he sees the same people carrying bags and buckets of fish, all sorts up to a van which takes everything, in exchange for cash or food. He reckons some of them are there for a week at a time. The same is happening at West Bexington, seen it myself but there it tends to be Orientals or Asians. If some of their catch looks a bit old it's rejected and thrown away.
@Timmy H I am sorry that i have to point the finger at you or your friend, but we had these conversations and stuff like this on the other site some years ago, and certain members from speaking there mind got banned.

But if there "IS" a problem just inform the AT who claim to be our reprensatives and see what they can do, to help and assist.
I know where that will end up!

Regardless of how we feel about the obscene amount of fish taken and possibly wasted, how does it compare to real commercial fishing? I don't fish for bass so I don't know about the limit, is it still 2 sizeable fish? Does that limit apply to commercial line fishermen or just recreational? I've seen boat reports of large catches of various species, is that much different? It seems that commonsense has gone out the window and greed is the order of the day. I've seen ridiculous bags of macks taken by all sorts over the years but now it seems that foreigners and an organised chain is stripping what we have left. I'm surprised the illegal dinghy mob haven't taken to dragging feathers on the way over, or are the Border Force and lifeboats too fast for that?
@Timmy H Yes you as you say you have seen the amounts of mackerel taken, trust me that does not end with bass.
We as RCA have to get our game in order before we can accuse CF of taking all from the sea.
Just do the maths from how many RSA there are to see the results

@Timmy H I am sorry that i have to point the finger at you or your friend, but we had these conversations and stuff like this on the other site some years ago, and certain members from speaking there mind got banned.

But if there "IS" a problem just inform the AT who claim to be our reprensatives and see what they can do, to help and assist.
The AT? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🙄😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Might as well ask the Marx brothers or the Dooby Gang! 😂😂😂

The situation has made National news this week, most people don't know who to report it to, or how.
AT? Who are they? Who has a clue who they are? Would they tackle the boats who drop nets so close to the beaches?
I found illegal nets and longlines in Sand Bay a few years ago, not knowing who to contact I phoned the police. They weren't interested and couldn't suggest anyone who was. I sat above the toll road with binoculars and watched some scrote take about 15 decent bass plus various bits that were just discarded. No bass were left though. Everything of monetary value was taken.

The situation has made National news this week, most people don't know who to report it to, or how.
AT? Who are they? Who has a clue who they are? Would they tackle the boats who drop nets so close to the beaches?
I found illegal nets and longlines in Sand Bay a few years ago, not knowing who to contact I phoned the police. They weren't interested and couldn't suggest anyone who was. I sat above the toll road with binoculars and watched some scrote take about 15 decent bass plus various bits that were just discarded. No bass were left though. Everything of monetary value was taken.
The AT are The Angling Trust.

The so called representavives of Recrecational Anglers.

Or are they paid to be there..?
Paid by the local foreign restaurants to supply cheap (often undersize) Fish in via the back door more like it.

How many have you had to drink tonight ? :rolleyes:

The AT are a total waste of space with regard to sea fishing, a right bunch of spineless pricks :mad:
They certainly are.

But if someone wants to report fishing related stuff, let them know as our representatives.

It is better that having a go at police or council on here.

Make them do something or sort, it will be too late when fishing is stopped.

They certainly are.

But if someone wants to report fishing related stuff, let them know as our representatives.

It is better that having a go at police or council on here.

Make them do something or sort, it will be too late when fishing is stopped.
The 2 areas we are talking about here, both have protected status and dispersal orders on them.

It is not so much to do with the fishing, but more about unacceptable behaviour, wild camping, litter, etc, therefore it is a Police matter, and with the current orders for these areas, the Police can impose on the spot £100 fines and also force people to leave. If the clowns don't leave, then they would be arrested.

The site owners, English Heritage, placed a 24 Mack limit to try and manage a much larger problem, but it never really worked.

Back