• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Crackdown on overfishing and antisocial behaviour.

The 2 areas we are talking about here, both have protected status and dispersal orders on them.

It is not so much to do with the fishing, but more about unacceptable behaviour, wild camping, litter, etc, therefore it is a Police matter, and with the current orders for these areas, the Police can impose on the spot £100 fines and also force people to leave. If the clowns don't leave, then they would be arrested.

The site owners, English Heritage, placed a 24 Mack limit to try and manage a much larger problem, but it never really worked.
Perhaps in that case, a couple of security guys need to make a visit!

Perhaps in that case, a couple of security guys need to make a visit!
That has been tried, and didn't really work.

As the security guys needed Police assistance, it was decided to put dispersal orders on the areas, so the Police deal with the extremely bad behaviour and the security enforce the bylaw stuff like the fish limits, and camping etc.

TBH, provided the Police continue their presence, I think it will work.

As the security guys needed Police assistance, it was decided to put dispersal orders on the areas, so the Police deal with the extremely bad behaviour and the security enforce the bylaw stuff like the fish limits, and camping etc.

They said on the local news Ian that there is a 20 fish limit per angler now, and not just Mackerel.
I still can't see it working, as the Police will say they have better things to do, and with large groups of Eastern Europeans or Orientals down there, I wouldn't want to go down there and face a gang of a dozen or more without some substantial back-up.

They said on the local news Ian that there is a 20 fish limit per angler now, and not just Mackerel.
I still can't see it working, as the Police will say they have better things to do, and with large groups of Eastern Europeans or Orientals down there, I wouldn't want to go down there and face a gang of a dozen or more without some substantial back-up.
Nah the fuzz will be allover it like a rash they love policing limits oh hang on that's speed limits 😉

Hi new to Forum, I did a little digging yesterday ( Wed ).
The way Torbay are supposed to be handling Hopes Nose and Berry Head is as National Press even hilighted is via the PSPO. Ringing Torbay Council pointless no help on their number. The 2 contacts I found for ability to deal with the PSPO are Inshore Fisheries ( maybe a better bet ) ...duty number 07740175479 they are for reporting illegal fishing activities. An alternative Councillor Richard Strang is the only council member responsible for governance re PSPO. Tel 07887690923.
How exactly an immediate response to your call would put an end to the problem faced at say Berry Head on that day remains to be seen.

Last edited:
What's needed is a little offering of disinformation, get your mates to stick false flag reports on social media that fishing is great at **""** when in fact it's shyte, then let the morons flog their tinsel into barren water while you head off to the fishy spots unhindered.

What's needed is a little offering of disinformation, get your mates to stick false flag reports on social media that fishing is great at **""** when in fact it's shyte, then let the morons flog their tinsel into barren water while you head off to the fishy spots unhindered.
I think that happens on here already..😎

Its getting like it here in Gosport, driving along the road along Stokes Bay a week or so ago, early evening, must have been about a dozen or so blokes tinsel tossing, drinking cans of bear, fecking throwing the empties everywhere, pulled up a bit further along the road, you could here they were Eastern European, its the same along the Haslar sea wall, during the summer months, walk along behind them, and they have anything and everything on the deck by them, fecking arseholes. Sorry, but this country is becoming the dustbin of Europe. :mad:

Ian.
Well said

All of us in this group go fishing because we love everything about it, we keep the odd fish for dinner, some for bait, many go back especially undersized ones because we care about the future of our sport.We wouldn't dream of leaving litter and often pick up other peoples litter. We enjoy the scenery, a bit of banter with other anglers, the anticipation of a whopper.
The lot we are talking about in this thread don't give a shit about the sport. They keep every fish they catch, they crowd you out, cast over you and if your daft enough to fish any of the marks mentioned will totally ruin your days fishing.
I just avoid these spots.
Its completely a defeatest attitude but I would rather all the shit in one place where you know its there rather than displace it to somewhere I may want to fish!

All of us in this group go fishing because we love everything about it, we keep the odd fish for dinner, some for bait, many go back especially undersized ones because we care about the future of our sport.We wouldn't dream of leaving litter and often pick up other peoples litter. We enjoy the scenery, a bit of banter with other anglers, the anticipation of a whopper.
The lot we are talking about in this thread don't give a shit about the sport. They keep every fish they catch, they crowd you out, cast over you and if your daft enough to fish any of the marks mentioned will totally ruin your days fishing.
I just avoid these spots.
It’s completely a defeatest attitude but I would rather all the shit in one place where you know its there rather than displace it to somewhere I may want to fish!
I have only ever met five other people fishing in my seven years of sea fishing.. and that was awful.. all at once.. on a pier where I was there first.. funny enough it was during mackerel season.

I have only ever met five other people fishing in my seven years of sea fishing.. and that was awful.. all at once.. on a pier where I was there first.. funny enough it was during mackerel season.
Still only a novice then flappy... 🤣

Ian.

Police are rare as hens teeth.

Its getting like it here in Gosport, driving along the road along Stokes Bay a week or so ago, early evening, must have been about a dozen or so blokes tinsel tossing, drinking cans of bear, fecking throwing the empties everywhere, pulled up a bit further along the road, you could here they were Eastern European, its the same along the Haslar sea wall, during the summer months, walk along behind them, and they have anything and everything on the deck by them, fecking arseholes. Sorry, but this country is becoming the dustbin of Europe. :mad:

Ian.

gosports always fkin been like that.
full of wannabe and ex sailor boys
sittin on the beach hammering the greenery n filling bags with macky n pout for their next chinky
dont go blaming it on the ee contingency, youve only got a slight sprinkle of thE fuckers down there :), like sugar strands on a family size fkin trifle.:)

I think we're at the point where unfortunately the best awnser is to bring out rod licences for sea fishing, it will be the only way to police bad fishing

Back