• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Crackdown on overfishing and antisocial behaviour.

Been going on at Berry Head & Hopes Nose for many years. The protection order the council put in place over a month ago doesn't seem to have made a bit of difference.
Tbh might be better just to close both off for the summer and stick security on a gate.
Perhaps then they can look at a longer term access plan such as day tickets to deter the wasters.

Shouldn’t have to be that way but I’d rather they did that than this sort of thing continued.

Tbh might be better just to close both off for the summer and stick security on a gate.
Perhaps then they can look at a longer term access plan such as day tickets to deter the wasters.

Shouldn’t have to be that way but I’d rather they did that than this sort of thing continued.
Sort of agree, but it would be a shame if the Locals had to pay to fish there because of the actions of the foriegners.

Sort of agree, but it would be a shame if the Locals had to pay to fish there because of the actions of the foriegners.
I used to love fishing Berry Head with the kids when they were small, I'd happily pay for a day ticket if it meant I wasn't surrounded by litter, shit and the scum that mess it up.

I used to love fishing Berry Head with the kids when they were small, I'd happily pay for a day ticket if it meant I wasn't surrounded by litter, shit and the scum that mess it up.
Fair enough. It's all a bit irrelevant to me anyway, as whilst it's not far away, the steep climb to get back out means it's out of bounds for me.

True but this is why we can’t have nice things.

It’s either that or leave it as a pigsty.

It doesn’t matter to me either, I haven’t fished that way for years and don’t need to visit Torbay for mackerel right now, lol

Back