• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Daiwa 7HT Millionaire Mag ST

Nice reels, may have to release some equity to buy some. In the meantime I will stick to my 6 series TFGear RHW Multies.

I have a pair of those.BNIB. (y) Unlikely they will ever get used by me.
How much are you looking for if you decide to sell them?

How much are you looking for if you decide to sell them?
Now that's a question as we both know they were discounted when we bought them.I've told my eldest (51) next month that he can have them.If that changes I will let you know.
1660921341225.png

1660923728639.png
Take it this is the model you are on about.

Last edited:
Look familiar.

Akios Shuttle 666 STR KURO Limited Edition​

Very similar to the TFG above.

I have four of them. Superb reels.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 225950.jpg

Ian.

Last edited:
Look familiar.

Akios Shuttle 666 STR KURO Limited Edition​

Believe they are the same reel except for the sideplates, graphics and obviously the colour and handle.Both made by Omoto.They are definately a variation of the Akios Shuttle not necessarily the STR KURO.Akios and TFG both sourced their reels from Omoto.

Last edited:

Have a look at their Surf Casting Reels.

Omoto have a Facebook page that interestingly complains about 'piracy' ie fake/cloned reels of the abu style round baitcasters. So even the bootleggers get bootlegged ? To be fair they do make some decent kit

I have four of them. Superb reels.
I believe the idea was the customer chose which reel they wanted and then chose the spec required,many variations available hence the difference in price.You will probably find the Sideplates on your Akios are Brass whereas the Sideplates on the TFG are an alloy compound of some sort.The gears and such will also be of different spec.The gears and such on your Akios will be superior to the TFG.

The Akios Shuttle 666 STR Kuro's are one of the best reels they have released in my opinion, i know John Holden rates them very highly, (according to a youtube vid he did). I love mine, but they might not get much action now i have the 7HT ST's. :(

Ian.

Great to see that Rovex 10X is available again, received two bulk spools of it today, love the stuff, 19lb 0.35 Red going on the ST's today, after i fit the pinion supports. Happy days.

Ian.

Great to see that Rovex 10X is available again, received two bulk spools of it today, love the stuff, 19lb 0.35 Red going on the ST's today, after i fit the pinion supports. Happy days.

Ian.
Hey Ian, they are the best multis and thats why they cost the money, everything else is just pretty shite in comparison when it comes down to small baitcasters. So a couple of things..... initially only flush the bearings, take them out, flush them, dry them then flush them again and dry them. You only need 2 tiny drops of oil, one drop each side, then pop them back in the reels.
Take them down the beach and set the mag to 7 this should be pretty docile, you should end up on 4 if you are a smooth caster.
Cross winds go to 5, wind behind 2.5.
I have tried all the lines that are out there...... and I have a favourite which is now out of production. (Colmic Onde Mille in .31)

So what you have there is the most controllable and adjustable small casting multi ever made IMO.
There are several ways of setting them up you can underfill them with .35 ish line and thrash away on them all day or basically fill them up with anything and you will find a way to make it work. This is because they are so controllable.

But this is what I would do.
I would fill them to the absolute brim with a low diameter quality mono at around .31 and add a 100lb (4 strand) braid shockleader.

The way the ST Mag system works is that it has to have enough revolutions to get the magnofuge working, this means it WILL NOT cast short unless you basically thumb the spool the whole cast from release but if you give it a reasonable smack then the Magnofuge can engage and do its thing.
So fill it up to the top and smack it and you will see exactly what you spent the cash on......... if you get an overrun on a mag setting of 5 then its simply because you are not casting hard enough.
Over the years I have bought a lot of 7ht sts (I have about 10) the 2nd hand ones I buy I am always told by the seller "they are a bit too quick for me" the fact is "you are a bit too slow for the reel".

Long term ownership............
So I finally killed one of mine about 2 weeks ago but I have been smashing it for a decade so I reckon thats fine.
I liberally cover them in ACF50 everytime I use them after washing them and I have a dirty old cloth covered in ACF50 in a zip tie bag which I use to polish off the reels after a quick rinse.
The main problems you will get with a ST are:
1) Never use the spool end cap as a way of braking the reel. It will cause you problems straight away and you will break the plastic rod inside the handle end as it takes the extra pressure if you do it up. This plastic rod is a sacrificial part and is there to stop you breaking the reel. BUT DONT DO IT. There should be about just enough end play on the spool so you can detect movement nothing more is required.
2) Always lube your screws when you put it back together.
3) Do not make the simplest mistake......... when removing the spool bearings you have to take a tapered pin out, now my eyes are a bit shite and the pin is tapered. Do not try and push that pin through the wrong way they are hard to get out once you have forced them. I have coloured the fat end with a black pen and marked the spindle.
4) Mysterious loss of distance.......... you have over lubed the bearings one drop per side!.
5) I have a piece of silicon tube that I put over the "bolts" you need to undo to take the handle side side plate off, any metal on paint just removes the paint.
6) If you have been on the beach in heavy rain or heavy spray conditions you will find water sitting inside the reel, do not add water to remove water displace it with ACF50 and kitchen towel.
7) The reel comes with a pouch, and its shite. So are the neoprene ones they trap water. Mine live in reel cases with the zips lose so they can breath, they are individually wrapped in either clean microfibre bags or in kitchen towel, the idea is that you are wicking water away from the reel the second they come off the rod.

So its the best performance reel no doubt.......... if you dont look after them they are notorious for corrosion.
Never any end cap and always give them a damn good thrashing to get the mag to work.

The full strip down is easy......... if you PM me when your ready I will send you some step by step pics. I like blue marine grease.

Last edited:
Back