• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Daiwa 7HT Millionaire Mag ST

Mate do the join, put it in the basket and desert the basket at Uttings..... save yourself quids over the rip off merchants Veals.
Uttings 419.00 plus you can get a discount.....
Veals 469.00
Got it from Veals, only paid £409 as had £60 worth of points to redeem mate. But i do use Uttings a lot.

Bit pissed off though, Gerry's had one for £399 last week, plus i had a 5% voucher from them, had it in the basket, but left it, next day went to buy but it had bloody gone. sick as a pig.

Ian.

The only problem with Uttings is you have to pay for delivery no matter how much you spend. But i suppose this is offset by the fact they are so much cheaper than most, cant have it all can we. :)

Ian.

Just had to order another pinion support from Russ (Blakdogtackle), this will be the seventh one. Do wish Daiwa would sort this well known problem out, wouldn't take much, when your spending £400+ on a reel it should be included IMO. :(

Ian.

Just had email/text from Fedex, ST will be delivered First thing in the morning, pinion support on its way from Russ as well. :)

Ian.

Just had email/text from Fedex, ST will be delivered First thing in the morning, pinion support on its way from Russ as well. :)

Ian.
Just be careful it's not scam there are a lot of Fedex spam emails about at the mo. Just hover the mouse/trackpad pointer over the Fedex or any messages and it will highlight who it is really from, just saying :unsure:;);)

Just be careful it's not scam there are a lot of Fedex spam emails about at the mo. Just hover the mouse/trackpad pointer over the Fedex or any messages and it will highlight who it is really from, just saying :unsure:;);)
Well not spam mate, Fedex delivered when they said they would. Thanks for the heads up though.

Ian.

Well not spam mate, Fedex delivered when they said they would. Thanks for the heads up though.

Ian.
Pleased to hear all was good (y)

ST being spooled up as we speak. :)

Ian.

Pinion support arrived today, now fitted. Excellent service from Russ at Blakdogtackle as always.

Ian.

What is a pinion support sleeve and why is it missing .
sorry never used one you but considering the very same reel
This has been a problem with Daiwa multis for a while, the pinion has a bit of play in it, so Pinion support is recommended to help alleviate this. You can get them on ebay, I get mine from Russ (Blakdog Tackle) on here.

Just a word of warning, these reels are for clean ground long distance casting, they wont take rough ground work. ;)

Ian.

I used mine only on chesil but they still fell apart. Areas to look out for, as stated above, play in the pinion, corrosion on the spool disengage button (can lead to button not popping out, and needing to drag 100 yards of line in by hand). There are two very small, round brass bits on the back of the main gearing, I have had these fall out on a couple of occasions, once after only 3 trips. The first you know of it is the noise it makes as it falls between the shingle. Unfortunately they are to prevent the reel from back winding. Loved the reels but got fed up with the issues above.

They are just like a car.... service them maintain them properly no problems
Absolutely Pete, when you see the state of some Reels, it's no wonder they fall apart. When you are paying £400+ for a Reel, look after the bloody thing I say.

Ian.

Absolutely Pete, when you see the state of some Reels, it's no wonder they fall apart. When you are paying £400+ for a Reel, look after the bloody thing I say.

Ian.
No way I would pay that much for a bit of fishing stuff.. I could get four shirts for that..🙄

No way I would pay that much for a bit of fishing stuff.. I could get four shirts for that..🙄
You only buy cheap shirts then flappy.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Back