• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Price of bait

Not really Thrasher, I'd like to get my Bass and a Wrasse, think they won't be around yet though. I'm not greedy, just needy?lol
Watched a TAF video where graeme was cartchingvwrasse on red garden worms. I have had estuary flounders on garden worms in the past.

I normally use just squid, sand eels and macks. Cheap enough, i catch my own macks when they are in. Sometimes go for squid but thats effort lol

Not really Thrasher, I'd like to get my Bass and a Wrasse, think they won't be around yet though. I'm not greedy, just needy?lol
Marukyu isome worms are great for wrasse, garden worms work too but don't last long in the water but not usually a problem with wrasse ?

Try hardback crabs for wrasse or live prawn should be plenty of places down there to get them rags good for wrasse too bass whole squid or half a Mac is ussaly killer for them as a wise ma told me there’s not a lot out there that will turn its nose up to a nice bit of squid

Try hardback crabs for wrasse or live prawn should be plenty of places down there to get them rags good for wrasse too bass whole squid or half a Mac is ussaly killer for them as a wise ma told me there’s not a lot out there that will turn its nose up to a nice bit of squid
Oh yes, they’re even better wrasse baits and the prawn will take almost anything on its day.
I just thought limpets was an easy bait for Pendy to collect if he wanted an alternative free wrasse bait, and it definitely works.

Oh yes, they’re even better wrasse baits and the prawn will take almost anything on its day.
I just thought limpets was an easy bait for Pendy to collect if he wanted an alternative free wrasse bait, and it definitely works.
Limpets are the way to go, is it possible to keep them alive once collected for a day or two?

Limpets are the way to go, is it possible to keep them alive once collected for a day or two?
I’d say so. Little bit of weed to cover, keep them cool outside and maybe a few mil of seawater would be my suggestion.
They do move, eventually, so a bucket with a lid (with holes) probably makes sense.
I’d change the seawater at least once a day if not twice.
Never tried to keep them but I think as long as they’re kept damp with fairly fresh water they should be fine.

It’s not the best wrasse bait ever but it definitely works.
Pretty much only works for wrasse though!

I've bought some smashing fish from morrisons for bait and bags of mussels and razorfish. Agree, some of the tackle shop stuff is rank. I get lovely frozen bluey from the Chinese wholesalers.?
Geoff which Chinese super market do you get your bluey from mate.

I've tried frozen shell on raw King Prawns a few times. Nothing. No interest at all. John usually laughs at me! ??

Geoff which Chinese super market do you get your bluey from mate.
On Stockholm road towards Malmo Rd Post Office. Not been for a while though and I see the freezer lorry container has gone off the car park, but still worth a try I reckon, maybe got new freezers inside now?- I will ask tomorrow for you when I pass when I take the dog up river.?

On Stockholm road towards Malmo Rd Post Office. Not been for a while though and I see the freezer lorry container has gone off the car park, but still worth a try I reckon, maybe got new freezers inside now?- I will ask tomorrow for you when I pass when I take the dog up river.?
Wish we had a Chinese supermarket down here - folk have said they are good for bait, but so far I haven't found one.

I've tried frozen shell on raw King Prawns a few times. Nothing. No interest at all. John usually laughs at me! ??
Ive had smooth hounds on frozen raw in the shells King prawn. Ive also had hounds on peeled raw prawn , i do prefer fresh crab though;)

Back