• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Split ring pliers?

That’s useful to know, I will have a look. Maybe the ones I have are too big, but certainly I struggle to use them and as stated before I resort to thumb nail……
I have done that for years with split rings on Toby's and the like but rapala's have always been a gamble and the wee ones on the savage gear seekers a nightmare.

I’ve just been on the website Thrasher…..
So how do the pliers work as they don’t have any little pointy bits on the nose end to force the rings apart?
I will post a close up later if I can, but basically they have a wee raised bit, a mini pyramid on either jaw, you put that either side of the ring and squeeze. That is not the full circumference of the split ring just inside and outside at the point nearest the split.
There are a few vids on you tube.

I will post a close up later if I can, but basically they have a wee raised bit, a mini pyramid on either jaw, you put that either side of the ring and squeeze. That is not the full circumference of the split ring just inside and outside at the point nearest the split.
There are a few vids on you tube.
Here ya go! Best I could find on Google!

1661420803611.png

Here ya go! Best I could find on Google!

View attachment 31362
Thanks.
How on earth does those blunt pointy bits get between the split ring coils though?
I know I must be missing the point (see what I did there?)…..maybe seeing as it’s raining Thrasher could pop down and show me……

Thanks.
How on earth does those blunt pointy bits get between the split ring coils though?
I know I must be missing the point (see what I did there?)…..maybe seeing as it’s raining Thrasher could pop down and show me……
They do look a bit odd to me! I'll stick with the Stainless ones I linked to earlier in the thread! ??

I think others will obviously work but these seem very easy as Wobbler suggested and for a first pair I would agree.
I will compare but I think the other advantage of these are that once you have the split ring going you can use the pliers to keep the split ring turning.

Had to start a bit of a discussion on Ebay with the supplier as my Daiwa pliers have not turned up yet, allegedly dispatched.

Back