• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Split ring pliers?

Had to start a bit of a discussion on Ebay with the supplier as my Daiwa pliers have not turned up yet, allegedly dispatched.
I've found quite a bit of that going on lately, more often with private sellers.

They go online and book the delivery with Royal Mail or their courier (like Hermes), which enables them to post a tracking number to eBay, but they don't get off their backsides to actually get stuff dispatched.

Had one recently where eBay said it was dispatched and provided a tracking number, but the courier didn't receive the package until 8 days later. ??

I've found quite a bit of that going on lately, more often with private sellers.

They go online and book the delivery with Royal Mail or their courier (like Hermes), which enables them to post a tracking number to eBay, but they don't get off their backsides to actually get stuff dispatched.

Had one recently where eBay said it was dispatched and provided a tracking number, but the courier didn't receive the package until 8 days later. ??
Yep, that would be the story so far.

Last edited:
Ordered on the 20th August, started Ebay enquiries in the 31st August, guess what landed through letterbox 5 minutes ago?:unsure:
Makes me wonder whether the eBay enquiries spurred them on to actually post 'em? Mind you, Royal Mail strikes haven't helped. ??

Makes me wonder whether the eBay enquiries spurred them on to actually post 'em? Mind you, Royal Mail strikes haven't helped. ??
Nope not Royal Mail, had a few other items arrive ordered all around the same same and since. I suspect just shoddy customer service.

Back