• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cheap multiplier under £100

Been out of the loop regarding multipliers and looking for a cheap cheerful one for shore fishing ie under £100 any suggestions?
What ground are you intending to fish over?
It's pointless recommending a 7ht if you need to skull drag through kelp!

Cut my teeth on Mitchell 600 aps and penn Delmar's goatie😉😊
Did you have one of those needles in your back pocket for picking out nests?
I’ve never gone down the multi route after fishing with my Dad in the late 60’s and watching him walk backwards on Cley beach to sort out a nest virtually every cast. ( The name escapes me at the moment). I know now with mags and things it’s a totally different world with multis but I’m afraid with my failing eyesight and patience it just wouldn’t be worth it even though I do like the look of them.
I do admire folks fishing with singing multis that are wanging it out there while I plod on with my overhead thump!

I'll stand corrected but I'm sure I've read the quality of Slosh reels isn't once what it was??? Russ aka Blakdog will know....
Yes I did think of that after posting. So has been said, including by Russ I believe, and he would know.
Not had any personal experience of the newer models though.

Akios have a reel under £100 , new , it's called a Dynamo has centrifugal brakes and a ratchet but no mags ( I guess thats why its cheaper than their magged reels), also its orange .
Its on there website 89 pounds , might be worth a look if you want something new under £100 .

Last edited:
So really 515/525/fathom 12/15 territory then?
Anything will do around here to be honest, unless you fish the naze area a lot where it’s heavier ground. All o do them is use a penn 525 with 20lb line.

Did you have one of those needles in your back pocket for picking out nests?
I’ve never gone down the multi route after fishing with my Dad in the late 60’s and watching him walk backwards on Cley beach to sort out a nest virtually every cast. ( The name escapes me at the moment). I know now with mags and things it’s a totally different world with multis but I’m afraid with my failing eyesight and patience it just wouldn’t be worth it even though I do like the look of them.
I do admire folks fishing with singing multis that are wanging it out there while I plod on with my overhead thump!
On a cold November night the joy of sorting out a doosey of a bird's-nest was immeasurable 😁the new reels are a lot easier but still not foolproof.👍

I have an Intrepid Pirate, works like new and well looked after £15 + postage if anyone is interested.

Back