• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Currently carping

Sounds like a stock pond ???.

Personally I prefer a bit of a challenge… a runs water is probably like catching fish in a barrel, with not much skill involved , and maybe even fish that are conditioned to react to the sound of a spod ( had to look that up ) splashing and depositing foreign bodies called, er, Boilies , or maybe Pellets ? that would never appear anwhere without first being invented and sold at stupidly high prices to people who like catching conditioned fish .
Even Spam is an alien concept to fish, or would be if people did not buy it and chuck it in for the fish to eat.

I know that many people will probably disagree with me when I say that camping out to catch over stocked , overgrown fish in ponds is for people who dont know any different.

And on that note I will bow out as I may be getting into deep water ( not a runs water though )

?

Dave .
I've never had any interest in freshwater fishing of any sort, but everyone to their own. I did go Trout fishing with a great Uncle when I was a kid, because my father told me too! I think it was supposed to be a Fly fishing river, but great Uncle showed me how to catch & use Minnows!

I did also (reluctantly) go on a Carp fishing weekend once, as one of my best mates (RIP James) organised it for his stag weekend before he married her who became known as the UFP. The marriage didn't last long!
There was a bit of fishing done, but it was more of a competition to see who could drink the most Bacardi 151 of an evening!
We also ate well, as one of Jim's mates ran a wet fish shop, and turned up with a fridge van with many boxes of Tuna steaks, Monkfish, and other exotic edible fishies & goodies! ??

Just came back to me - I think it was Pallington lakes in Dorset. At the time, I thought "thank heavens for my hotel Transit" - the weather flattened a few bivvies that weekend!

I've never had any interest in freshwater fishing of any sort, but everyone to their own. I did go Trout fishing with a great Uncle when I was a kid, because my father told me too! I think it was supposed to be a Fly fishing river, but great Uncle showed me how to catch & use Minnows!

I did also (reluctantly) go on a Carp fishing weekend once, as one of my best mates (RIP James) organised it for his stag weekend before he married her who became known as the UFP. The marriage didn't last long!
There was a bit of fishing done, but it was more of a competition to see who could drink the most Bacardi 151 of an evening!
We also ate well, as one of Jim's mates ran a wet fish shop, and turned up with a fridge van with many boxes of Tuna steaks, Monkfish, and other exotic edible fishies & goodies! ??

Just came back to me - I think it was Pallington lakes in Dorset. At the time, I thought "thank heavens for my hotel Transit" - the weather flattened a few bivvies that weekend!
RIP James xx

The 100 acre water is more my kind of place, but getting on is easier said than done. With the smaller “runs” water I wanted to scope out as a venue I can drop on for a few hours when the bug really bites and I need to catch a carp. With the wifey now heavily pregnant, come November, my night fishing will be coming to an end as she is due to give birth at the end of November so I can’t be bivvied up in the middle of nowhere then! Afterwards, nighting it will be the last thing on my mind as I’ll want to stay at home so I can be there to help raise the lil un. So whilst I’d usually ignore these type of waters, (indeed I have done for the last 5yrs!) they might be the answer if I get a few hours free and time and tide is against me. In fact I’m back out there now… 67F042D6-03EC-41D6-9E5E-771789E4C1A2.jpegon the right lake this time!

The 100 acre water is more my kind of place, but getting on is easier said than done. With the smaller “runs” water I wanted to scope out as a venue I can drop on for a few hours when the bug really bites and I need to catch a carp. With the wifey now heavily pregnant, come November, my night fishing will be coming to an end as she is due to give birth at the end of November so I can’t be bivvied up in the middle of nowhere then! Afterwards, nighting it will be the last thing on my mind as I’ll want to stay at home so I can be there to help raise the lil un. So whilst I’d usually ignore these type of waters, (indeed I have done for the last 5yrs!) they might be the answer if I get a few hours free and time and tide is against me. In fact I’m back out there now… View attachment 33183on the right lake this time!
In case I forget, best of luck with the arrival of the little 'un Mr & Mrs Ouchy! ??

Nice one...I'm off out for 2 nights later to one I havnt fished for a while . A mile walk with the barrow usually means they are fairly quiet lakes .
Is it push or power barrow, either way that's hell of a walk, good luck and hope your rewarded. I will be moving small fish for the next week, all pure Leneys.

Look at the shape of it! A biggun of the future there!
Been getting some stunning little fish out this year. We lost around 30 fish last year in an oxygen crash, it was tuff year pulling dead fish out up to 30lb. I've been taking small fish out and bringing them on in the stock pond to keep the strain going ?

Back