• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zziplex is back ?

I think this is fantastic news. Will I buy one? Probably not, but I don't think any other manufacturer would be able to pull it off.
This is good for our heritage and British manufacturing.
Mud slingers comes to mind :ROFLMAO:

I rest my case.
What that it’s good to see a British company saved and still be made here. Yeah I agree. It’s all personal some will be happy and others not so but everyone should be happy that they are coming back. Yes you can say they are expensive but for those who want a top of the range rod their options have just increased.

Well I am so pleased about this, I own several zzippies as you all know, fantastic rods. (y)

I am that pleased I have just ordered a pair of the Zziplex Profile GT's from VMO, will be here on Friday..:)

Ian.
Agreed. My ancient Zziplex Light Bass is a fantastically light and well-balanced rod. I wish I could describe just how good it is but I can't because it's indescribably good.

A lot of people are going to say it's just a Century rod with a zziplex sticker on it, but I don't think they could get away with that, as reading between the lines Barbara Caroll would never have let Century buy the brand if they were just going to stick a zziplex sticker on one of there own blanks. JMO.. (y)

Ian.

I personally think we as anglers should embrace the fact that zziplex are back with us, and we have a choice as to weather we buy them or not, will the Century built rods be the same, lets hope so. I for one am very happy to be able to buy zziplex rods again, but each to there own... (y)

I am looking forward to the Fedex driver delivering my Profile GT's tomorrow.. :)

Ian.

Last edited:
From what i have seen on their website about the Zziplex rods they are doing everything the way Terry/Lee did. They are virtually saying that Terry was the best when it came to design/ building etc, with buying all the equipment designs,rod making process etc & Brand name it must have cost them a fair old whack.
You can get email updates when new models are on way on their Zziplex page on website.

From what i have seen on their website about the Zziplex rods they are doing everything the way Terry/Lee did. They are virtually saying that Terry was the best when it came to design/ building etc, with buying all the equipment designs,rod making process etc & Brand name it must have cost them a fair old whack.
You can get email updates when new models are on way on their Zziplex page on website.
Not for me thanks, have better things to spend my money on.

Well my rods are still at Veals, Fedex picking them up today, even though i had text from them stating the shipping Label had been produced yesterday I am thinking that today must be the official release day of the zziplex reboot, could be wrong.. :)

Ian.

Well my rods are still at Veals, Fedex picking them up today, even though i had text from them stating the shipping Label had been produced yesterday I am thinking that today must be the official release day of the zziplex reboot, could be wrong.. :)
I bet the excitement is killing you Ian.You will soon be able to amend your list AGAIN.;)Not jealous,just saying.😂

Last edited:
I personally think we as anglers should embrace the fact that zziplex are back with us, and we have a choice as to weather we buy them or not, will the Century built rods be the same, lets hope so. I for one am very happy to be able to buy zziplex rods again, but each to there own... (y)

I am looking forward to the Fedex driver delivering my Profile GT's tomorrow.. :)

Ian.
Be sure to keep us updated on their longevity.

I bet all those who put there zippys in to the attic hoping to make a killing on them in sales are sick as a parrot now lol
The originals may still be more desirable to collectors. Time will tell. Things are only worth as much as people are prepared to pay...

The new Zziplex page on Fb has all the gen.
You can say what you like about meticulous note taking, the package should have involved Lee in some way, unless of course, he couldn't be arsed with the whole shooting match anymore...

Ian.
Scratch that, another text from Fedex, now being delivered Monday, don't quite know what's going on. :(

Hang on, checking the order and tracking numbers on VMO website, it's the rod bags that have been picked up by FeDex, rods themselves are still at VMO, yet both orders state "complete"..Feckin odd. :mad:

Ian.

Ian.

Last edited:
I bet the excitement is killing you Ian.You will soon be able to amend your list AGAIN.;)Not jealous,just saying.😂
Me, excited, no...:D

Ian.

Very quick response to the email I sent to VMO last night, they have managed to put the Rods and bags into one package, hence the one tracking number. So, all is good.. (y)

Ian.

images

Back