• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zziplex is back ?

FB zz rods page alive with old/new comparisons just now.

I think that we should give C some leeway [no pun intended] as the materials available may have changed.
I'm certain the rods will be of the highest quality, but I seem to remember TC commenting on the same production issues in a podcast or written material many moons ago.
Which makes 150% sense as top end carbon rods are possibly only a VERY SMALL market for the designers amd material manufacturers who will be in competition with other material producers to move the overall material market forwards.

What we don't know is are they being hand rolled, like Terry and Lee did, can Century do this and still turn a profit, lots of questions for sure. If they are 80% as good as the originals, that is good enough for me. (y)

Ian.

Last edited:
What we don't know is are they being hand rolled, like Terry and Lee did, can Century do this and still turn a profit, lots of questions for sure. If they are 80% as good as the originals, that is good enough for me. (y)

Ian.
Still not given yours an outing? I'd have thought you'd be chomping at the bit?

Still not given yours an outing? I'd have thought you'd be chomping at the bit?
They will be getting an outing soon, but other commitments don't help, :( but as you say, I am chomping...

Ian.

Scratch that, another text from Fedex, now being delivered Monday, don't quite know what's going on. :(

Hang on, checking the order and tracking numbers on VMO website, it's the rod bags that have been picked up by FeDex, rods themselves are still at VMO, yet both orders state "complete"..Feckin odd. :mad:

Ian.

Ian.
It's not just veals that are having "moments" with their rod order deliveries..........

New addition to the family, arrived this morning... :)
zziplex evolution CT.jpg
Ian.

The zziplex Evolution CT came from Gerry's, Chris (Gerry's) had originally bought the blank about 18 months ago from zziplex, only just had it built by their in-house builder, but then decided he no longer wanted it, so it was put on sale, and I purchased it..£600 (y)

Ian.

Last edited:
The zziplex Evolution CT came from Gerry's, Chris (Gerry's) had originally bought the blank about 18 months ago from zziplex, only just had it built by their in-house builder, but then decided he no longer wanted it, so it was put on sale, and I purchased it..£600 (y)

Ian.
Evo gt is/was the new zf.

Ian.
For as new/second hand.

Back