• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zziplex is back ?

The new Zziplex page on Fb has all the gen.
You can say what you like about meticulous note taking, the package should have involved Lee in some way, unless of course, he couldn't be arsed with the whole shooting match anymore...

Do you know he wasn't? There's mention in certain circles that he was directly involved in the handover?

There's a lot of speculation on this subject and some of it is negative for whatever reasons. Time will surely tell on the success of the Zziplex rebirth. To me it's another set of potentially superb options for us anglers so I wish them the very best of luck. I'll judge them on the blanks, as and when I can get my hands on one! Demand will be high I suspect particularly for M4GTs

I for one am looking forward to getting my hands on the two Profile GT's I have being delivered in the morning, I think the Century built zzippies will sell like hot cakes to be honest, but most of all zziplex are back, long may it continue.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Yes they will.... fact.
The best of the fishing is usually to be had in heavy conditions and the ability to get a lead out into a big sea is essential. Having a tip that wont pop the lead out again essential.
Having a rod that can cope with big fish in a big backswell again essential.
Try doing that with a shite wobble stick. you buy a premium rod and know it will do these things no problem.
You only need to buy once. An old quality rod is still a weapon many years on but as with all things in life, you get what you pay for.

The best of the fishing is usually to be had in heavy conditions and the ability to get a lead out into a big sea is essential. Having a tip that wont pop the lead out again essential.
Having a rod that can cope with big fish in a big backswell again essential.
Try doing that with a shite wobble stick. you buy a premium rod and know it will do these things no problem.
You only need to buy once. An old quality rod is still a weapon many years on but as with all things in life, you get what you pay for.
Totally agree with this. Having owned rods from all the main brands... Tronix, daiwa, Abu etc.. Mainly mid range £50 to £100 rods, none of them have lasted. I've had rods break on me, fold up on the cast, fold up on fish, tips explode and generally not be up to the job. My go to rods are still my 25 year old zzippies, never let me down and still as good as the day I bought them. When I buy cheaper mid range tackle, I don't expect it to last 👍

Got A Old Zippy in the house it's 30yrs Old still got original Fuji Rings it's 2500 Model Got 4ft Butt 8.6ft Tip end it Was my Brothers Rod who Sadly Passed Away 12 Yrs Ago I've used if Few times it's Rung For Multiplyer Reels bit Soft in Tip Great For Bass Hounds Etc on Clean Mixed Ground did try Selling it Someone offered me £50 for it I just laughed at him .Blue Butt Black Tip End Blue and Black Whippings all the Zippy Markings have come off Can Stickys etc to Put Back on it might just Sell it then .

Rods arrived this morning, along with 5 zziplex rod bags for my Primo Synchro's and Primo Hi-Flex's.
Build quality is very good, as you would expect from Century/zziplex, as you know Century build there rods with AT Guides now, Titanium K style ones, very good quality guides. Only one small gripe, no hi-build on the decals. :(

Looking forward to giving them a thrashing soon.🎣🎣

Ian.

zziplex1.jpgzziplex2.jpgzziplex3.jpgzziplex5.jpgzziplex4.jpgzziplex6.jpg

I don't get the reluctance to apply resin on the decals. It's about the only weakness I know on Century builds (although I'm aware of their often mentioned issues of over tight spigots and the old "ring rust" algae). I can only assume its to save a few quid? Though cynics would say its an attempt to encourage the ocd tackle tarts to buy new rods once the inevitable scratches/wear appears! Come on Chris K! You can surely get Chilly to sort this glaring omission!

I don't get the reluctance to apply resin on the decals. It's about the only weakness I know on Century builds (although I'm aware of their often mentioned issues of over tight spigots and the old "ring rust" algae). I can only assume its to save a few quid? Though cynics would say its an attempt to encourage the ocd tackle tarts to buy new rods once the inevitable scratches/wear appears! Come on Chris K! You can surely get Chilly to sort this glaring omission!
Totally agree mate, how much would it take to run it over the decals when the guides are being done, resin is there for a reason, and it would just finish it off. (y)

Ian.

Apparently they are going to sell replacement decals, as a vinyl sticker. Supposed to last 8 years?
Lets hope they do... (y)

Ian.

I always thought a proper zziplex was made in Kent and the guides fitted by Chris dance, as mine are.......

Blue touch paper lit🤣🤣
🤣 🤣

Ian.

See Poingdestres have the M4 Evo & M4GT in already, also advertising it on ebay shop.
Sent an email to Century years ago about lack of protection on graphics, reply was leave it up to buyer.

It shouldn’t matter if the decals last… unless you are selling them on…🙄
I like to look after my fishing gear flappy, should last a lifetime, and giving the decals a coat of resin would cost next to nothing. ;)

Ian.

So how many rods do you actually have…?
Seventeen, nine zzipies, six AFAW's and two Century's... :) But that is nothing compared to some on here...;)

Ian.

Rods arrived this morning, along with 5 zziplex rod bags for my Primo Synchro's and Primo Hi-Flex's.
Build quality is very good, as you would expect from Century/zziplex, as you know Century build there rods with AT Guides now, Titanium K style ones, very good quality guides. Only one small gripe, no hi-build on the decals. :(

Looking forward to giving them a thrashing soon.🎣🎣

Ian.

View attachment 52873View attachment 52874View attachment 52875View attachment 52876View attachment 52879View attachment 52878
Look forward to hearing your review and how they compare to your previous Zippies.

Back